Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
How long was hollow knight in development for? I'd expect silksong to be slightly faster since they can probably reuse a bunch of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

Don't know how you guys are playing it when it comes out tomorrow.

Lmao if you didn't get early access from your uncle who works at Team Cherry.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

morestuff posted:

This looks neat as Silksong methadone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz2dyV8ck00

This literally looks like a hollow knight romhack.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I mean I'm not complaining about games aping hollow knight, that's a very good thing. But it's pretty funny how blatant it is.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Crowsworn is gonna be the Dark Souls of metroidvanias.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Wasn't there some story about some famous artist who worked on a painting for literal decades until he died, and he said it still wasn't finished?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Fedule posted:

The great thing about being a backer of Heart Forth Alicia is that I will never be bothered by a late-running development ever again.

I mean, at least that game has semi-regular progress updates.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Yes.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Bogart posted:

Get Team Cherry cocaine.

Get one of them cocaine, another LSD and the third meth.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Silksong will release one month after Heart Forth, Alicia.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Flavahbeast posted:

$12000 more and we would have gotten a Zote game as well, too bad

Thank god tbh. Zote is a mediocre joke that already goes on a bit too long.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Once I hit 70 I'm gonna spend most of my time writing angry letters to game devs about how they better release their game before I die.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I'm just about finished with Moonscars, which definitely has strong hollow knight vibes, and I think I'd recommend it. It's pretty short, maybe 10-12 hours according to the internet, and while it's not as good as hollow knight, it's still pretty solid.

It does have the dark souls bullshit of easily missable quests that break if you do the necessary steps out of order, but there are probably guides for that if you really care.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Bug Squash posted:

Ender Lilies would have been a much better game if it didn't decide that every boss past mid-game had to be Radiant difficult. Just let me get on with the game, I don't care about Lord Shizzlewizzle the Bleak or why I need to perfectly dodge his attacks for 3 minutes.
Sounds like a skill issue to me.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
At this point the main reason I want silksong to come out is so people stop making poo poo posts about it on the internet.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
People acting like 4 years of dev time is even remotely long, let alone concerningly so. It's gonna be 6 years between breath of the wild and tears of the kingdom, and nintendo probably has more than 3 employees.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
If you want to use a controller for pc, it's probably worth it to just buy an xbox controller.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Heart forth, Alicia looks so good. I hope it comes out soon.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Koburn posted:

I'm surprised anyone could get so involved in such a bland story.

It's a good story, op. Have you considered that maybe you just hate cute things?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Doesn't it have a bunch of bees flying around next to it?

It does, but it's also hidden behind a breakable wall or something.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Bug Squash posted:

It's one of the most famous plays ever written.

First I've ever heard of it.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Indie game dev is bourgeoisie.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Cactus posted:

He did mention something along the lines of "one of my big marketing strategies is streamers" so I have to hand it to the guy, he's got it figured out that gamers will happily do the work for you for free. Hell they'll even pay you for it - not that they would, but if they wanted to Team Cherry could open up a public beta test for this game and charge a :10bux: entrance fee and they would instantly fill as many slots as they made available with happy gamers, and make bank. They'd get all the usual internet grumblings about it for sure but all they'd have to do is literally ignore them, release the game in a working, complete state with no paid DLCs or microtransactions and everyone would instantly forget about the beta. All I'd see in my feed would be "Team Cherry have raised the bar again! AAA devs BTFO!"

You're describing steam early access.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

ilmucche posted:

Achievements are a blight on gaming.

They're actually extremely good because it's very funny seeing people completely melt down over them.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

NoMas posted:

why the hell are there over 200 new posts in this drat vaporwares thread

Goons enjoy making the same three unfunny jokes for 60 pages.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

No Dignity posted:

Hollow Knight was already bloated

Nope.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

This thread is becoming about as useful as Zote.

Always has been.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Let's just point at the elephant in the room and laugh. Team Cherry are so massively busy on this game that they can't spend 1 minute every few months sending out a short tweet to update the fans while one of them is taking a poo poo.

If I was in charge of my own company I sure as poo poo wouldn't spend a singular second on PR either.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
???
Elon doesn't do anything *but* PR. He just won't stop loving posting.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

spaceblancmange posted:

silksong has been refused classification in australia (drug use)

????????
No sex?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

PIZZA.BAT posted:

honest question- has any other game led to a thread to reach 83 pages on nothing more than a trailer? i'm kind of in awe at the amount of hype around this game with almost zero hype machine being run by the developer

Never underestimate the goon's dedication to reposting the same three unfunny jokes for close to a hundred pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I always assumed they meant the controls are clunky as poo poo and 95% of the challenge is wrestling with them.