Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

Press kit for this on the site contains some images of characters, and they have their names.

I'm already fully in on Garmond and Zaza and am already sad something tragic will probably happen to them.

Entropy238 posted:

I hope they don’t go full Miyazaki and we get a bit of closure about what happened at the end of the previous game.

Everything about the interviews they've given that have touched on story make them seem like the types that would not want to interfere with the experiences and interpretations people had of the first game. In other words, I'd be surprised if the plot isn't mostly self-contained with maybe references to other characters. I highly doubt they game will make any ending "cannon", other than discounting the one where Hornet is trapped obviously. Honestly, the only plot element from the first game I think actually could have (or could still) use more explanation is something indicating why the character was in King's Pass at the start and traveling back. I don't think any other plot element really needs closure personally.

e: I also don't think the use of the word "sequel" 'necessarily means the plot will be a sequel. They easily could've said that with reference to the game itself and not the plot itself. Obviously there are plenty of game sequels where the plot of the game is a prequel to the first one.

So It Goes fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Feb 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011

guppy posted:

I picked up Lone Fungus and I don't think it's especially Hollow Knight inspired. It's also not nearly as polished. I am, however, enjoying myself maybe 5-6 bosses in.

IDK, your basic attack is in the same style as the knights, along with the ability to pogo, you have charms to customize loadouts, and you can at-will hold a button to use your magic to heal (magic of course refilled a bit by hitting enemies). It also has a secret Easter egg room with hollow-knight style beetle statues… I ultimately think conversations about what qualifies as what genre or subgenre or whatever as being pretty needlessly pedantic, but I would be stunned if the developer wasn’t inspired by hollow knight when designing the game.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
IIRC (and it is probably different with different rating boards) you can certainly submit for a rating before being feature complete but if you did do it early then you’d need to resubmit again later when it’s done (in case the changes made would change the rating). So practically there’s no reason to do the process multiple times and instead you’d do it when you are done, if not feature complete at least.

The figurine presale is more interesting to me, presuming the seller has permission to sell it and it’s Team Cherry sanctioned and not some illegal knockoff thing. Can’t imagine a reason to sell that unless the game is coming in the same time frame.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011

mareep posted:

Posted upthread, I’m not sure what’s going on with that Amazon listing “preorder” but that nendoroid figure came out in Nov 2023. You can buy it right now on CrunchyRoll.

That’s so strange to me. I get having preorders up, but as an example could people buy and get delivered whatever Elden Ring figurines months before the game came out?