Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I really hope they don't go overboard with the difficulty like they did in the updates. Having an ending of the game locked behind a 30+ boss-rush with no checkpoints soured me on the whole experience.

If this is a whole new game they'll likely start the difficulty curve from scratch. Godmaster was for people who had played the game for years and mastered the other DLC's, this one needs to appeal to newcomers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Fedule posted:

I can't wait to find out how Hornet's going to lose most of her abilities at the start of the game.

Her repertoire seems to be mainly gadget-based (I think the jury's still out on whether she can even make her own silk - see all the earlier discussion over whether she's a void creature or a spider) so if she starts the game being captured that seems pretty straightforward.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

repiv posted:

i just noticed this thread is over 2 years old now

maybe a little premature

Well, at the time, Silksong talk was taking over the Hollow Knight thread.

Nowadays I guess this is the Hollow Knight thread. When it actually releases we're clearly going to need a new, dedicated thread.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Seems a weird objection to have with the amount of cues Hollow Knight took from Dark Souls.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Why would you want to play Silksong anyway? You know it's going to be full of bugs

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Gonna be weird playing a HK game where the protagonist has a voice, even if it's just speaking buglish. I wonder if Hornet will have combat grunts and the like.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

This looks dope as hell

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

Lol, they should release Zote as DLC and all you get is his piddly attacks that you see in the Trial of the Fools arena. And yet people would still find a way for him to beat the game, path of pain, and all the Pantheon challenges.

I'm gonna assume that was basically the idea for his stretch goal in the first place.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Cactus posted:

They mention it on the C&C podcast when talking about upcoming games. Basically, Hollow Knight was brilliant, and Silksong should have been capitalising on it but it's missed the boat, and now it has this narrative surrounding it which is all about how long it's taken. I think what they're getting at is that no matter how good the game ends up being when (or if) it ever gets a release, it'll always have this "well after this long it had better be a flawless masterpiece" thing surrounding it. One of them brings up that it was announced far too early, which I agree with. Imagine if they'd just announced it in 2022. Hollow knight would still have the sales and acclaim it has. Silksong would just be the sequel that is coming out in a couple of years without this narrative surrounding it.

Oh well lol.

I don't think they had the option of waiting to announce it, did they? A Hornet DLC was one of their original Kickstarter stretch goals, and the first announcement of Silksong was to say that the DLC had expanded in scope to become an entire new game. If we weren't all waiting for the sequel to come out we'd have all been waiting for the promised DLC.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

We are absolutely guaranteed to hear some news, at some point, if we're lucky

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

Doesn't it have a bunch of bees flying around next to it?

Yes, but you can't get in from where most of the bees are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

goblin week posted:

Hornet isn’t a spider.

She is culturally a spider