Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I do wish they hadn’t gone the Hatoful route by using incredibly realistic close ups of bugs though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Wow, I mean, Hollow Knight has a few rough edges here and there but calling it an alpha is being a little bit harsh.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

No one who's played Silksong would say that.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

not on the switch anymore

that goddamn monkeys paw

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

fuckin lol

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

what did nosks feet look like

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

yeah I did that but the game was full of bugs

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

it can't come to anything when it is already out on everything

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

I don’t respect anyone so i was the only one who pirated Silksong but i can’t figure out how to seed this tracker I’m sorry

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

I’m going to die after missing an obvious exit to a save room and lose a ton of money and then die before getting back to my ghost and lose about ten minutes worth of progress total and then go on a podcast to complain about how the game just doesn’t respect a player’s time and then put the game down for three years before revisiting it and find out that I actually love it and complain on our game of the year episode about how nobody respected Silksong in the 2026 GOTY deliberations when the game came out originally

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

can we please get a nws tag on that??

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

If you don’t post “I believe in Silksong” then the game will not launch once you download it.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

i played ori while jonesin for some metroidvania startin' a little snowy white creature thing

5/10

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

I do believe in Cherry, I do, I do.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

ori and the will of the wisps was also not worth my time.

please do not release a third game in this double shrug of a series before silksong.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

i am convinced that without the pogo HK would be as reviled as redfall

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

It's not a masterpiece. Not even close. It can't be with how many flaws it has. Some are easily correctable in a patch, others are bad mechanics that are held over from the first game.

The best part of TotK is the stuff that is outside of the game itself. Building stuff is great. 10/10. The rest of the game is middling and almost as bad as BotW in terms of Zelda games.

fair to think that when you can just build silksong with the correct zonai devices

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Look, the goal is to make you want to get a rope and it succeeds.

Pace picante sauce can do the same thing in 30 seconds.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

If ya’ll need a fix, get Blasphemous 2, it’s releasing today.

but doctor

i am Blasphemous 2

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-tAiOVMYFY

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

The true answer is to always have malleable accessibility options (see also: Celeste) that can adjust things to the taste of the player so they can make things as comfortable, difficult, or easy as they feel like and also let people get any achievements they want no matter what accessibility they choose. No one needs to see a little "ur a wimp" tag on a platinum trophy if you adjusted things to make it more, or at all, possible for you to achieve and you alone know if you're satisfied with having "earned" it or not in that case.

yes it's just the "difficulty options in souls" argument but we should be pushing for more accessibility options in all games and in so doing make sure not to "punish" players who use them by locking them out of their dopamine hits when the cheevo pops.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Fedule posted:

I think we should remember why these things were called Achievements in the first place.

Because you rented Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie (2005) (X-Box 360) and achieved enlightenment immediately that this don't matter, nunna this matters.

Unless you are actively comparing your achievements to someone else (in which case, what's wrong with you) they mean absolutely nothing except for whatever satisfaction the person earning them feels, whether they spent a dozen hours practicing on a boss or they flipped a switch in cheatengine and watched the number go up.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

i only want this thread to update when theres serious silksong info

you’re gettin your wish daily

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

hell yeah i just got my hollow knight hoodie, time to throw it on and silk this song

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

wake me up when prince of persia has a single aesthetic redeeming quality

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Fedule posted:

My games schedule is currently rammed between the psychotic endgame grind in Granblue Fantasy Relink and the impending releases of - within a one month window - Splatoon 3 Side Order, FFVII Rebirth, Unicorn Overlord, Rise of the Ronin and Dragon's Dogma 2. For the first time since this day five years ago, there is a Nintendo Direct on the horizon and I earnestly do not want them to drop Silksong. Therefore, I can state with absolute certainty that Silksong will be released tomorrow.

man i feel this, because did i ever pick a bad time to start god of war ragnarok a few weeks ago as the game to tide me over before FFVIIR2 because good god this game just does not end and i had been hoping to finally get into finishing dragon's dogma in between GOW/FF7 and that's obviously not happening now

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

If you liked GoW 2018 you will almost definitely like GoW: Ragnarok too, but it's the closest I've ever come to feeling a video game sequel is just the infinite-donut-hell machine from The Simpsons because there is So Much Game. I'm like 35 hours in and just got to YET ANOTHER side-quest mini-hub that will take me off the main story path for several hours. (It's also a game that profoundly loves wasting your time with long walk and talks between every single thing you do but your mileage will vary on if that's a positive or negative thing.)

in that way, it is what i want silksong to be to hollow knight actually

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Heh, you all know what day TODAY is …

That’s right, Silksong release day.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

The Prince of Persia: Silksong

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

hell yeah here we go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B0CyOAO8y0

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Recite one precept per day and when you are finished Silksong will be installed on your system of choice

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

lih posted:

it's mostly funny that they've driven everyone so mad just by near-complete radio silence for like 5 years now. if they'd just offered a tiny update from time to time i don't think people would be quite as crazy

Silence
is
like,
konfirmed
signification
of
no
game

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Xbox indie has burned me too many times…!

bugs attracted to flames, clearly this is the one

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Castlevania in particular has an extremely deliberate timing and feel to its combat and jumping that is mostly unique to that series. Mastering a limited tool set against an increasingly difficult juggling of challenges that push up against said tool set is a lot of the appeal. It's nice to get a new one every so often.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

oh yeah, infernax was pretty good. kind of a little simon's questy in its dungeon and world design too. and some fun secret characters/options for multiple playthroughs.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

what a terrible night to bap a nada

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

whos that red person

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

My favorite thing about the Devil May Cry series is how it has more than one game.

but DmC: Devil May Cry never got any sequels???

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

yeah i spent most of yesterday playing this and you're a little blob on a big adventure

it's cool to get a knytt-like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Billy Basso and the Silver Lasso: A Magic Shop Book