Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Although I'd primarily used the Nail for most of the rest of the game I found that switching to a spell build and going ham with Abyss Shriek worked very well for the True Boss. The fact that it's a large target that floats in the air and doesn't take any knockback means it takes massive damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

mycot posted:

Isn't it obvious that the scope of Silksong grew until it basically became Hollow Knight 2? But it doesn't really matter because Hollow Knight 2 is what people want anyway.
Why wouldn't it be?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I think Hollow Knight was enough of a hit that its sequel would still receive a lot of hype if it released 5 years from now. The only thing that could really kill it is if they released a subpar sequel

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Are they likely to be under any contractual pressures? It seems to me like an indie studio with far more money than they expected to get from their previous title would be in a very good position to survive a long development cycle

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The original Hollow Knight game guarantees far better and more wide-reaching publicity for the sequel than any realistic advertising campaign could achieve