Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

dantheman650 posted:

I’ll definitely preorder when the time comes. I hope there’s some sort of deluxe version - I feel like it’s criminal that I’ve only given Team Cherry $15 thus far.

The soundtrack is for sale too, if you like the music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Clown noses off goons!

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

Bought it on PC at launch, couldn’t get very far

Bought it on PlayStation a year later and really enjoyed it this time but only got halfway in before bailing.

Bought it on Nintendo Switch a year later and suddenly it’s my favorite game of the generation and I beat it and beat the dlc and optional super-side bosses and then played it again. Something about the portability let me play Hollow Knight on my own terms and that really kicked the game into overdrive for me.

Similar story. I got it on PC and played enough to beat it with the worst ending. Got it on Switch and played through all endings and did a lot of the optional stuff.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I don't know that one in particular but if I recall a lot of those achievements were "beat one of the game's developers or anyone who has the achievement" so it was designed to propagate naturally. Unless, of course, people stopped playing the game but what are the odds of that?

A lot of them are like that. One that is not is an achievement for Garry's Mod. Where you have to play with said Garry to get. He hasn't been online for years.

The only achievements that irk me are ones that cost money or are unavailable. The two that come to mind are both. Pillars of Eternity has an achievement you get for being a backer on Kickstarter and Age of Empires 2HD had one for pre-ordering the game

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

The Zombie Guy posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A GAME INTO THE SWITCH. ITS SILKSONG AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, HORNET. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN SHAAAA SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME GHOST BUGS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED HALLOWNEST’S MOST DANGEROUS ABYSS. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE BUG SOUNDS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING BAPANADA EVERY MORNING.