Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I'll just add to the thread what I said a couple months ago in the other thread as to what I want the plot to be. Going from the Godmaster ending so I'll put it in tags:

I think it would be cool to have a Samus vs. SA-X type thing going on with Hornet and the now-un-infected Hollow Knight. Maybe he escapes and goes off to whatever new Kingdom this is, wreaking havoc, so those bugs go looking for whatever beat him the first time to stop him. The only bug left in Hallownest, though, is Hornet. Maybe Quirrel told them to get her! Because Quirrel is definitely still alive and wandering the countryside rescuing damsels and fighting monsters and being noble and shut up you're crying

Also I really want to become friends with that little knight guy on his noble steed (1:25 in the trailer). Garmond and Zaza?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Foehammer posted:

Has anyone figured out how to unlock the 3rd romance option with the corpse beetle?

I'm on my fourth playthrough and I haven't been able to pick anyone but Quirrel every time. How could you possibly choose anyone else?

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

SirSamVimes posted:

"There is a joy in getting lost and finding your way again. We are exquisitely lucky, you and I." -Cornifer

*sigh* Bapanada.

Keep posting, Zombie Guy! We all love living vicariously through people experiencing the game for the first time. Here's my piece of advice: in the next section of the game, right after getting your next movement upgrade, you may fight a boss. I am not going to tell you anything about that boss other than to enjoy the music! Because it is really, really good.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Lost Kin is generally considered the easiest of the Dream re-fights as it's really not much more complicated than the first fight, just a bit more orange everywhere. I think you can get to 1800 with one boss re-fight, Zote, and a handful of the Warrior Dreams. I definitely never found Markoth in my first playthrough.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

So, I guess I never thought about this before, but what's the deal with the Collector? Is he made of Void? I don't remember his death animation but that sure looks like he melts into a puddle. But he can be Dream Nailed, and Dream and Void don't play together. He also seems quite concerned with protecting things.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

TheMadMilkman posted:

Read a bunch of posts. Know what I want now?

A Hollow Knight inspired Mega Man style game. Sweet power ups from bosses, awesome movement, spikes everywhere.

And now I’m sad because I’m pretty sure it will never happen.

It's possible you might enjoy Mega Man ZX. It was always too hard for me to get too far into but also the DS made my hands hurt after a while so maybe playing it on a real controller would help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
That... spider? wolverine? witch? thing at 1:02 is terrifying.