Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What's the currency that gets deducted when resting on a bench? that seems kind of interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What is going on in this thread. I think silksong takes place in your heads because you guys might have the brainworms

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

SirSamVimes posted:

Uh, actually it's coming out tomorrow.

These jokes being run so far into the ground they're below the abyss.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Waltzing Along posted:

Don't spoil the surprise.

On a serious note, I just hope it's actually finished when it comes out, unlike Sports Story which is a mess.

Sports story is already out??

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

That's really disappointing. Golf story had a lot of charm and wit to it, even if it was very easy.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Silksong news? Bapanada

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

repiv posted:

my uncle at razer told me it's going to be an ouya 2 launch title

Ouya! Peggy hill!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Bug Squash posted:

The dark secret is that most metroidvanias are actually fairly linear and have a more or less enforced critical path. That's not necessarily bad in terms of play experience, but the freeform element is usually just smoke, mirrors, and backtracking. Hollow knight on the other hand really does open up once you get a few upgrades, and keeps opening. There really is nothing else like it in that respect.

It's a lot of exploring to find the upgrade to get you the next area opened up. I'm finding this with bloodstained at the moment where there's a bunch of places to go, but a lot of the story related areas require exactly this item/ability to get in.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

cheetah7071 posted:

To me, non-linearity isn't the point so much as the feeling of discovering the path. It doesn't matter how many paths there are, as long as the game lets you use your brain to find it instead of making it obvious

I do enjoy that aspect of these style of games, but drat if there aren't times I end up totally stumped

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

SirSamVimes posted:

Playstation controllers just feel better in my hands.

Did they get rid of the terrible mushroom sticks?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

MrQueasy posted:

I liked the first one better because it was more it’s own thing

And the story wasn’t quite as far up its own rear end.

Which ori is second Ori? I've got the blind first one, it's okay but I give 0 shits about the story and some of the platforming is some real bullshit. The combat is medium at best

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I've got the one with the shooty thing. I guess it's combat because you fight stuff.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I never found the hive.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Blasphemous 2 is out? Going to have to resist buying it for a bit...

Edit it's only 25 pounds??

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

There was a goon in I think the retro gameboy games thread complaining about an achievement in one game being really difficult and it stopped them from getting 100%.

I asked wtf they were talking about because original gameboy games didn't have them as far as I knew.

Apparently there's a website where people make up achievements for gameboy games and using it was ruining their enjoyment of a game they otherwise liked.

Achievements are a blight on gaming.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mymla posted:

If I was in charge of my own company I sure as poo poo wouldn't spend a singular second on PR either.

Ok elon

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Nvm it was only up for like 3 days

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Looks like more parrying

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

NmareBfly posted:

I notice that it got 'PG' which I guess means it's gonna be a baby game for babies?

Hornet only says "gently caress" once

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Team cherry gave people such a need for hollow knight that others have started making the closest facsimiles they can.

By not giving us silksong they've given us more hollow knight than we could ever have imagined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Today we are all arf