Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Cartoon Man posted:

What is party animals? Some kinda furry hentai game?
It's Gang Beasts, Furry Edition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Possible hint that Silksong will be in the Summer Game Fest stream: https://www.gamesradar.com/hollow-knight-silksong-world-premiere-seemingly-teased-for-summer-game-fest/

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Bogart posted:

Precept Nineteen: 'If You Try, Succeed'.
If you're going to attempt something, make sure you achieve it. If you do not succeed, then you have actually failed! Avoid this at all costs.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

O&S is much much much harder. Soul Master is the first boss where you have to really learn his pattern. But once you have it he's pretty easy. Everything is slow and telegraphed.
Soul Master isn't too bad but doing Soul Tyrant right after hosed me up for a while

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Here's to another seven years of waiting for Silksong

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Silksong + Super Mario Adventure (a co-op open world 3D platformer) for Switch 2 launch titles

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Silksong bought off by Nintendo to be the flagship launch title for Super Switch after they couldn't get Mario 128 working in time (unfortunately they're still using 64-bit processors)

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Oxxidation posted:

nine sols is pretty distinct as well. certainly moreso than crowsworn or deviator
I tried a few demos/betas of this because I backed it and it is indeed excellent. The last beta was like two thirds of the game though so I didn't play that.

There's also a game I saw recently that looked similar in terms of art style though it was heavier on platforming instead of action

Edit: it was Bo: Path of the Teal Lotus - https://youtu.be/6BxwY6cNBZM

Cicero fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 24, 2024

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

I'm always down to clown

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

guppy posted:

I have never liked classic Castlevania gameplay, even when Castlevania was new -- I am old -- because they are very hard (often in ways that feel unfair, like an enemy coming in off-screen while you're mid-jump to knock you into a pit for an instant death) and have no save progression. We have learned a lot of lessons since the NES era and I am not very interested in returning to that era of design.
Castlevania III definitely had passwords for saves though.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Is there a Floor is Lava one? Like, I'm imagining that touching the ground makes you take damage, but you can down-slash bounce off of anything to avoid that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Hogama posted:

Props to Billy Basso who is barely getting recognition because it's "Dunkey's game".
His name sounds like the ten year old protagonist in a NES action platformer.