Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Not sure why people expected news in this Direct, but there was no Silksong info at all in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Get the hell out of here, Hornet!

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Meatbag Esq. posted:

I hear you can also play that new cyber game 2069 or whatever if you want to encounter lots of bugs in a game.

You mean this game? Pervert!

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Waltzing Along posted:

I get the small team thing with Hollow Knight. But with how popular it is, Team Cherry must have made millions. So wouldn't they staff up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrGrOK8oZG8

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
It’s a fake account

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
There will soon be an announcement.

That they are now Epic Exclusive.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

a tweet of a youtube video in the format of a tiktok video, about some text quotes on a discord server

nice info, but I hate the format

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
why are you talking about sports games in the thread for unreleased games

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Bapan**a

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
It's gonna be Symphony of the Night on PC Gamepass, isn't it

which is not a bad thing, but it's not Silksong

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
And we got a special surprise for you all! Releasing later tonight - Starfield Shelter!

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
If you want a huge rear end metroidvania game, Afterimage just released. Reviews aren’t top notch, so don’t expect it to be as good as Hollow Knight

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

The Zombie Guy posted:

I think the spot with the breakable Hive wall also has some quiet buzzing sounds as a clue.

Any HK fans who haven't played Dead Cells should check it out. Very fun platforming/exploring/Roguelike with a ton of loving references to other games.

You can get the Nail as a sword weapon, and the room you find it in looks like this:

Dead Cells doesn't really reward exploring that much. Any encounter with an enemy is a gamble if you're gonna lose hard-to-regain HP, so the only way to play is to get to the exit quickly.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Quantum of Phallus posted:

just a reminder Hollow Kniht came out in 2010 and there's still no sequel

gently caress you scared me

(it actually came out in 2017)

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

hatty posted:

It’s Armored Core day Blasphemous will have to wait it’s turn

Totally uninterested in armored core when someone said it is mission based and has literally no exploration

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

ImpAtom posted:

... It's an Armored Core game.

Yeah I have never played or looked into AC games but some souls folks tested it and liked it so I considered it until they mentioned those details. I knew it wasn’t a Soulslike, but that’s even less Soulslike than I expected.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

lih posted:

nioh 2 is one of the best non-from soulslike there is and it has a mission structure instead of an interconnected world so idk why that of all things would be what you'd take issue with

there are some superficial similarities between ac6 and the souls games (some design decisions clearly show the influence of their work over the past decade) but it really doesn't play very similarly at all, it's very much its own beast. you get to enjoy learning how to play all over again just like the very first souls game you played

nioh 2 still has a lot of exploration in the mini-levels that make up a mission. it sounds like ac6 just has "here's the mission objective, go here"

btw blasphemous 2 is good. love the multiple weapon concent though I haven't found a combat use for the quickest weapon yet

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
I didn't even do the normal Radiant ending, it was too much for me.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

bapa

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm2oikWymg8

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Martman posted:

World of Goo 2. New game by Inscryption dude. Idk some people were saying The Finals is actually good

also, another Golden Idol game

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Waltzing Along posted:

Treasure hint DLC? Hadn't even heard about that. That's funny.

I think as far back as Assassin's Creed 4 you could buy treasure maps with their Helix currency, which you could get by paying real life money

edit: was actually Assassin's Creed Unity

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
The sequel to this beloved metroidvania title is coming to Switch!

That's right, the sequel to Ender Lilies.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
the solution to the pagliacci dilemma: if everyone is a clown, we can entertain each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR4DjYczINM