Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

In honor of Silksong, i'm about to buy my 4th copy of Hollow Knight... for my Nintendo Switch!

A pro move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/06/team_cherry_shares_more_hollow_knight_silksong_details_will_launch_when_its_ready

A few more tidbits, but nothing earth shattering. No release date either, still “when it’s ready.” Don’t click if you want to go in blind, they talk about some of the areas and game mechanics, but it’s nothing you wouldn’t expect from a sequel.

Full blog here:
http://teamcherry.com.au/e3wrap/

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

What wait to start a new game? You should always do that immediately after beating your previous game!

:psyduck:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Sweet, been waiting for another update on Wayforward’s Bakugan game.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I bet we see nothing until it magically appears during a Nintendo Direct some time next year. Then it’s released on Steam and Switch a month or so later. Probably Nintendo console exclusive for a few months too.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cactus posted:

I'd pretty much forgotten about this game until I went to prune my bookmarks list just now and yeah, I'm happy to carry on forgetting to wait for it because there are a zillion other good games I can get around to, but man, if I had been a backer that had put up cash just to get to that stretch goal I'd probably be past the disgruntled stage by now at the lack of any updates or timescales. A gif of some cartoon bug character and a small piece of a soundtrack just isn't going to cut it.

What an absolute vapourware shitshow.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So the game is likely not to be a vaporware shitshow? :monocle:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Everything you are doing is cool and good and keep it up. Feel free to document your journey, we love living vicariously through new players.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I just used the dream nail on Marissa.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I didn’t even sit down first and listen for a bit or talk.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

What’s everybody’s favorite load out for trial of fool? I get a little further each time and I really want to clear it. I gotta have mark of pride for bouncing, I’m not that good at doing it with the small nail. (Though maybe I can sub long nail instead.)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Got the TL and the easy ending done. Gotta move on to white palace now. Sigh.

Maybe I'll do the grimm troupe thing. Never did that before.

You get a charm notch when you beat the first version of Grimm, definitely get that far as it’s doable by mere mortals. Nightmare King Grimm is a whole nother story...gently caress that rear end in a top hat so god drat much.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Well, I did get this today, maybe it’s possible.

Think I’ll put that on my Steam profile bragging display case.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol I did the alternate ending to Grimm troupe and it auto saved. Oh no, now I have to play the game all over again if I want to get another crack at NKG. What a shame and how dreadful. What ever shall I do...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol gently caress that. I am gonna play through again and leave Zote to die, need that achievement. Might bash my head against NKG when I get there. I do feel like I have the skills to beat him it’s more about whether I have the patience to git gud at the fight. So much else in my games backlog...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Some of the major NPCs will have some new dialogue if you’re wearing it, such as the Pale Lady.

Adds a bit of lore.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/nintendo-is-running-a-direct-like-indie-showcase-for-switch-this-week-613440.phtml

Nintendo Direct for Indies tomorrow...fingers crossed!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

gently caress

GAS THIS THREAD

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nintendo is saving Silksong for its own dedicated Direct because it’s too massive to share screen time with other lovely and inferior games.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

A Team Cherry member retweeted the Nintendo announcement.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Man, you guys are like a bunch of starving dogs, clamoring for scraps at the dinner table.

It's an article in a print magazine.

Just for that you’re no longer allowed to buy the game when it releases in five years.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ceyton posted:

Did she yell "git gud"?

After their wedding night.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Somebody buy that poo poo and tell us when the release date is!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Foehammer posted:

Release date is officially printed in Edge as: TBA

Here's a breakdown of what was covered: https://nintendoeverything.com/hollow-knight-silksong-new-details-revealed/

Sounds amazing, they gotta be getting close.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I still expect it to appear out the blue in a Nintendo Direct sometime this year and release a month or two later.

:shepface:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/1361677089511006210?s=20

Here we go again...
:ninja:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

DevCore posted:

Hey! So I finally beat the game and am trying to wrap up achievements.
One of them is to get 2400 essence; unfortunately I was using the dreamgate a bunch so now I’ve got 2361 after clearing out all the major dream enemies.
What are my options to get 40 essence? Colosseum a bunch? Do Kings Gate runs? It feels pretty daunting, wish I had known about the gate using essence before I was blasting it for every kind of travel.

Edit: oh sorry, I thought this was the HK thread, not the sequel thread!
Can I still ask in here?

You can always try to clear out the graveyard of Kickstarter backers, think there’s like 30 or so ghosts in there.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cactus posted:

When's it coming out?

We’re now going to get another 3 pages of replies that it’s already out and here’s a goofy troll type thing I’m doing in the game RIGHT NOW!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1382000636363956229?s=20

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oh well, see you guys for the next Nintendo Direct announcement.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Who cares as long as it’s fun to play. They could make a game about bugs descending into a forgotten kingdom called Shallownest and I wouldn’t care if it was fun to play.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 19, 2021

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cactus posted:

When was the last time there was any actual concrete news about Silksong?

Asking for a friend.

That magazine article a couple pages ago.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:itwaspoo:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This thread’s only supposed to be bumped when Nintendo announces a new direct.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I believe

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

that I will be disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The next Nintendo Direct is sometime in September to show off their holiday lineup, see you guys then.