Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Hello, new phone background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I started my 2nd run in the game thanks to Zombie Guy. Very general, but spoilery question: The first time I played I mostly critical pathed it. This time I'd like to do more of the optional stuff. Is there any reason not to dream nail every ghost I find?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

grieving for Gandalf posted:

you get one (1) essence

So like, only the ones that explicitly pop up a Challenge dialog lead to fights and meaningful essence?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I wanna read that but I'm definitely not going to read that. If they're starting up a marketing push, it's gotta be close, right?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

All the activity in this thread is making me want to play Hollow Knight again

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

It's not happening.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Did I really loving miss it

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Less than twelve weeks left in 2022.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Johnny Joestar posted:

i feel like people are forgetting that the presentation said 'everything is going to be released within a year's time of this broadcast' and not 'everything is going to be released in 2022'

What? Really?

Oh no...

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Quote this in 24 hours:

Bapanada

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I don't particularly enjoy boss fights, but Traitor Lord is probably my favorite one. It's got a small moveset that's easy to memorize and iirc the moves are well telegraphed. But it's also fast and hits hard, so it's in a sweet spot for me where it's easy to learn but hard to execute. Good boss.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I feel like Microsoft is going to own the announcement because it's coming to Game Pass at launch, but dunno.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I tried Tunic twice, but I don't play games a whole lot, so both times I took like a two week break and then come back and had zero idea where to go and it wasn't fun enough to just wander around.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I believe in Silksong.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

on june 12th hollow knight will be un-released. your digital access will vanish. your physical copy will become inert, useless, due to hidden code. your memories... will blur

Precept Four: 'Forget Your Past'.
The past is painful, and thinking about your past can only bring you misery. Think about something else instead, such as the future, or some food.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I didn't even know about the beehive until my third playthrough when I went full spoiler mode.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Gonna roll the dice and say we get a trailer but no specific release date.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

A fun video about HK glitches.

https://youtu.be/l27FjTEdcyM

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

jeeves posted:

The real platinum achievement of Hollow Knight is when you decide "gently caress it" and leave the game without trying to do any additional bosses.

It's me. HK is one of my favorite games of all time, but I don't do any of the optional bosses because I don't really enjoy boss fights. The mandatory ones are difficult enough, thanks.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

No Dignity posted:

And you're coming up with an imaginary scenario where they couldn't work on the game for up to two years working from home in one of the safest countries in the world to weather the pandemic because...?

No one said this.

Snake Maze posted:

If they had to stop working on the game for two years because of the novel coronavirus then I think that still counts as development being troubled.

No one said this.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

That post does not say they stopped working on the game for two years.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Whitenoise Poster posted:

With an established pattern of indie devs making one good game and then immediately taking over 50 years to make their second game I think the government should step in and make a law that forces indies over a certain level of success to sell themselves to some random AAA factory that can pump out yearly or bi yearly sequels.

Team Cherry's Call of Duty: Silksong.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Silksong surprise drop, BG3 on game pass, GTA6 getting canceled and the funds going to build affordable housing instead. Gonna be a big night for gaming!

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

SkeletonHero posted:

*Silksong finally gets released*

Prince: Wait a minute, that's not what happened.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Hornet seeks bigger game: tiny mammals.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is it. This time for reals.

I don't believe you.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

I mean not really. There are 83 pages here but 70 of them are people getting increasingly annoyed and frustrated at the lack of communication and it has become so synonymous with the game that industry stuff jokes about it. It also means that people are building themselves up to likely unrealistic expectations in terms of quality. (Not that the game will be bad but that the lack of communication means people are left to fill in the gaps themselves, which would lead to disappointment if it ends up being 'only' as good as Hollow Knight.)

This post is really bad, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Anti-Tachyon posted:

hollow knight content creator

Cursed phrase