Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

God watching that just makes me want to play it now. I'm really looking forward to seeing what this games Deepnest-analogue is going to be like. Speculation on what theme that area will have: Cordycep shrooms? Tarantula hawks? Ant nest/termite mound? Whatever it is I hope it's really unsettling and viscerally unpleasant to get through.

It's gotta be soon now. I'd play the original game again but I don't want to burn out on the formula just in time for release (and I still have the Witcher expansions to do, before April).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

It's weird I'm more internally hyped for this than I was for No Mans Sky back in the day, and yet I'm super not bothered in the slightest about the lack of info and a release date. It's the most chilled out hype I've ever experienced.

But it's there. I'll break my never preorder rule for this game, if they make pre ordering a thing.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Vaporware

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Wheeee posted:

this is pretty much the perfect example of a game i have absolutely no release anxiety about and am content to wait however long it takes for a final release as masterfully and artfully crafted as Hollow Knight

with a single installment Hollow Knight has put itself on the same level of expectations as games like Zelda and Mario to me

I'm almost the same; I dont care if the release date is "definitely within six months from now" or if it's "eh, we're looking at it being summer of 2023" but I just wish team cherry would tell us.

Just please give us a window, tell us how much longer you think your game is going to take. I can handle it if it's still going to be a while (in fact I'd be happy because it would mean even more game when it finally arrives) but i hate having no info and no way to set my expectations.

The fact it's been so long without a peep is starting to make me suspect there's been some sort of behind the scenes development hell, aside from the "normal" 2020 covid situation.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I'm just impatient, it's not as if I've not got a huge backlog of games I'm dipping into while I wait for the next few months to pass. I just know I'm going to love this game. I tried to get into will o the wisp twice but it didn't hold my interest.

Carrion is mean though. Play Carrion.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Nothing should ever be announced until 2 months before release max imo. Preferably 2 or 3 weeks.

Announce, spend the next few weeks steadily releasing info in a manner designed to build excitement to a fever pitch, while the news of the announcement is still fresh in peoples minds. Then bam, release the thing.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I'd pretty much forgotten about this game until I went to prune my bookmarks list just now and yeah, I'm happy to carry on forgetting to wait for it because there are a zillion other good games I can get around to, but man, if I had been a backer that had put up cash just to get to that stretch goal I'd probably be past the disgruntled stage by now at the lack of any updates or timescales. A gif of some cartoon bug character and a small piece of a soundtrack just isn't going to cut it.

What an absolute vapourware shitshow.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Holy poo poo I finally made a thread title. My life is complete :allears:

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

If this releases before the end of the year I'm gonna be red in the face

...from all the slaps to the face Team Cherry come round to my house and give me every day this game isn't released

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Team Cherry were contacted by an extraterrestrial civilisation shortly after the release of Hollow Knight. We can only speculate why this was so, but the dominant theory is that they released a moutherfucking kikk arse game that the type-2 civilisation of beings who noticed them because of this incredible work of art collectively appreciated. The development team were taken to a planet orbiting a star that was very near Saggitarius A*, and were given some very advanced creative-application production technologies. They were also given life-extending technologies so that they could finish developing their magnum opus without the realities of mortal flesh getting in their way.

This meant that they were well on their way to releasing their Siklsong creative-interactive product on schedule - before, even, because the tech they had inherited from the super-advanced civilisation that had so appreciated Hollow Knight had enabled previously-unfathomable efficiency, and ironically it turned out that they didn't need the life-extending flesh in the end - but their proximity to Saggitarius A* was their undoing. They developed their game on time, but by the time they had done so, and had travelled at near-c to get back to the arm of the galaxy where Earth once was, due to time dialation their fans were nothing more than elementary particles orbiting, or inside, the white-dwarf star that was once known as Sol.

Team Cherry went down as a tragic tale among the rest of the galaxy's type 1 & 2 civilisations as a team of creative outputters who made one of the most inventive, creative and challenging interactive-creative works that any civilisation had ever seen. The tragedy came from the fact that the only life forms capable of appreciating their work were the original denizens of their originating star, Sol, who were long dead by the time the project was finished, and the species that "elevated" them, who were only able to appreciate their works due to an unprecidented coincidentally similar evolutionary and cultural background.

There have been many attempts to appreciate Siklsong by various members of the Galactic Association of Life but none have come close to being able to enjoy or appreciate the work due to massive evolutionary and cultural differences between the creators and the appreciators of the work. The developers are rumoured to be alive to this day, living out the rest of their long, artificially-extended lives on a planet orbiting a long-lived red star, their life-extending flesh dooming them to aeons of a torturous existence of witnessing a galaxy of evolutionary and culturally diverse beings that rise and fall, all of which are unable to appreciate their magnum opus, Siklsong.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I've already completed it on single strand mode.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Take the time out to buy the lantern. Never worry about going the "wrong way" there is no wrong way. But buy the lantern.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

This is only a spoiler if you dont like hard-to-find secret shortcuts getting spoiled:

In fungal wastes, if you see a room with a big stalactite-shaped spiky vine and a vertical wall on the other side of it that has a secret breakable wall near the top on the left side of the screen, go through there and poke around. A really awesome area can be discovered.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpg_aQWoGWU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

The Bee posted:

Which room is that again? Trying to remember if I found it or not.

It's the shortcut that leads from fungal wastes to deepnest.

I'd advise the new player to not mouse over that spoiler because if you find that shortcut it will give you a very specific and unavoidable early-game experience which will put hairs on your chest.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x78pX68j-pw

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I know a guy irl that looks like Zote.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

:toot:

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Well he'd better finish drawing all his bugs before my 3080 gets here I'll tell you what

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

C-Euro posted:

Where else might you find steam in this game?

Water... vapour? :razz:

If all we get is a next-summer projected release date I'll be happy with that. All I really want, other than to play the game eventually of course, is a rough indication of how long the wait might be.

If we get a surprise release TOMORROW! I'm totally shelving my cyberpunk playthrough though. Yeah, that's definitely what they're going to do. I'm so excited!

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I bought a ryzen 5900, an Nvidia 3800, an asus ROG crosshair VIII, 32 gigs of RAM, a 950w PSU, a Valve Index and a 2TB m2 SSD for Silksong to be installed on. I want to play this game in the best possible way, with parallex scrolling enabled on ultra, with futureproofing for possible DLCs down the road.

If this game doesn't make my meaningful choices feel like actually living in a bug kingdom while being able to interact with every other player in real-time fidelity I'm going to grind my PC into particles, re-fashion it into an effigy of the Team Cherry Team, and stab those little bug-drawing golems through their tiny-little black effigy-hearts with a pair of knitting needles while chanting voodoo prayers and eating fennel. Then I'm going to

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Did they release it yet?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I just want to throw my money at the Australian bug-drawing men.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Among us is fun

for 20 minutes. I have no idea how it got so big. Lol that they teased Silksong and then gave us that though.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Johnny Joestar posted:

people with team cherry have retweeted stuff like that before, why would that be some implicit statement. like i get that it's frustrating to wait so long for information about the game but there's no reason to start reading weird conspiracy poo poo into things like that. please.

Well that wouldn't be any fun though would it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCgNDrhKEoA

Imagine calling your magazine "Edge" lmfao

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

God loving damnit they're going to make me buy a copy of "Edge"

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

That is a cool loving picture of hornet tho

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

RCarr posted:

It will be all over the internet the second it’s released. Don’t buy it.

But how will I prove I am cool with the kids if I dont sit there in the food court with one eyebrow arched much higher than the other, reading the EDGE publication?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Wasnt that the "you cant talk to the doom monsters six outta ten" magazine?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Loadout profiles!!! That will definitely encourage me to experiment with different builds, something I didn't do enough of in hollow knight.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I take it there was a huge glut of info about Silksong including a potential release window and no-one is posting about it because they're still too busy picking their jaws off the floor.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

HMS Beagle posted:

One of the $10,000 Star Citizen ships has a PC with the game preinstalled on it.

This is the best one. How do I get an ouya?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

Dammit. Stop posting so much. 1 post = no news. 15 posts = no news but now I'm disappointed.

All must feel our pain. Getting excited because the Absolute Shitshoe is in the top half of the first page of your bookmarks with double-digit unread posts only to click and get nothing but a faceful of shitposts, is the new goatse.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

"It's been a while. I wish they'd give us more info. An indication of how much longer we have to wait, or even just some screenshots or videos for us to hype over, or something."

"HOW DARE YOU CALL THEM LAZY!"

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

They could at least have the decency to get all their source code hacked and be epically pwned.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

guys I'm starting to think maybe this thread was made a little bit too soon

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Alright, just for a moment, serioustalk: Did that Edge magazine article come out yet and is it screenshotted anywhere?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

It's "coming soon"

quote:

soon

/suːn/

adverb

in or after a short time.

"everyone will soon know the truth"

Similar:

in a short time

shortly

presently

in the near future

before long

in a little while

in a minute

in a moment

in an instant

in a twinkling

in the twinkling of an eye

before you know it

any minute (now)

any day (now)

any time (now)

by and by

pronto

in (less than) no time

in no time (at all)

in a jiffy

in two shakes

in two shakes of a lamb's tail

sharpish

in a tick

in two ticks

directly

anon

ere long

used to indicate one's preference in a particular matter.

"I'd just as soon Tim did it"

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

When's it coming out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

When it does come out, they better make their loading screen say "coming soon" for maximum lols.