Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redm

sig by Manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redm

redm

pixaal posted:

not sure I like how this came out but I love the background and I can't really share it without doing something else and I think I'm done for the day

I'm not sure how you're making these but they are cool

redm

pixaal posted:

GIMP (free) take a picture of something, we are just using the shadow and doing other things with it (I'm trying to learn what different filters do and this is a good way to do it) I had best results with interesting images with magic wand tool, you are going to select all the solid blocks of color and leave the lines unselected this will give you a outline of the major features with the shadow go to light and shadows and select Drop Shadow (LEGACY) this will give you a simple pick a few settings and make 3-5 drop shadows. The coloring is just a long shadow applied to any of the drop shadows.

The rotation stuff is mostly playing with Kaleidoscope but other filters can do some really cool stuff.

That background is just the sky blue about 20% of the top (I did it at his eye level and decided on it completely arbitrarily) I then put the green on the other part of the background layer I then did a kaleidoscope and played with the settings until I got some earlier step. Then I added a cartoon filter which gave some nice lines, I then kaleidoscope THAT. Finally I made another background layer behind that with the yellow.

I have no idea what I'm going to make when I set out to make it and it's really exciting to see the finished piece even for me.

Ty for the detailed tutorial, I might install gimp and take a crack at this myself when I get a chance.

redm

sig by Manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redm

b0rf