Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
apprehended ∴ white

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

fakeaccount posted:

this ∴ racism

oh poo poo im racist against white people

good restraint pigs? pretty amazing really

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

It is consistent to believe that gun crime is needless and tragic, but that also human life itself has little intrinsic value and HR people aren't even people

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Boz0r posted:

My HR manager got me 7 weeks of paid paternity leave even though I was entitled to nothing, since I don't live in a sociopathic hell hole.

You can tell we Yanks do, what with all the gun crime and celebration of the dying sick

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

robot pizza-bomb assassins are staying on the table, i won't budge on this

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

i remember reading a story during the height of the whole ISIS thing where chinooks would go way out into the middle of the desert in the dead of night and drop guys off on quads with long rifles and thermal optics and all that cool poo poo and they'd go merc any warm body with a gun at range and lol probably a fair number of sheep farmers got blapped along with the daesh grunts

anyway gun violence is wack

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

maker posted:

Lol. "We need to destigmatize mental health research and treatment!" *describes the field as 'soft science'*

I mean... brains are complicated? We don't have fully analytical predictive models of what one given dose or molecule versus another will really result in, so I think that's what he means by that? It's not meant to be derogatory, although I guess in recent years STEMlords have cast enough unwarranted dispersions on those areas outside their field of appreciation and understanding I can see how one could feel that way.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

maker posted:

To some the field's research and findings are discredited by it being refereed to as a soft.

well thos peeple should WISENT HE FUK UP :argh:

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

broke: shooting the innocent
woke: shooting the guilty

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Who What Now posted:

"We need to destigmatize mental health!" *says mental illness makes you a violent murderer*

Yeah it's the treatment part that needs a fresh look I think

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

tmm3k posted:

...excuse me...

dang ol daggum five mmhmm

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Captain Beans posted:

I have read that even the poorest of peasant back in the day had a much greater sense of community and support than people generally feel in the US today.

It's very true that, in perhaps the greatest irony in history, our technological connectivity has actually shattered and atomized communities into hermetically sealed amplification chambers until our actual ability to engage in discourse will atrophy to the point that our only recourse is violent reeducation lol

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

202X Scene open, a converted vehicle charging station. Rusting petroleum tech can be seen in the background

:downs: Hey lester, ain't ya heard? Ya can't havun that truck on the road no more, t'wat with the environment bein' what it is n' all...

:bahgawd: The hell I can't, sez who?!

*gunfire erupts*

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

That and also all alternative ideologies have been so thoroughly suppressed that the suffering people have literally no framework to place their dissatisfaction in, so they end up just exploding into individual violence instead of organizing or forming movements. Which is by design.

It's not all doom n' gloom though, since the framework "Hey maybe the obscenely wealthy should pay a little back into society before we all die of hunger, preventable illness and a poisoned atmosphere?" is a pretty straightforward one that a lot of people seem to be finally coming around to.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

You know, this might sound crazy, but you could actually engage with promoting those sentiments among what remains of your community in an effort to develop a movement that sees those desires turned into policy some bright day in the future, bolstered by a mass of people who refuse to be placated into thinking they can do nothing and refusing to be apathetic anymorahahahahahahahahahahaaaa

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

i can feel it all coming apart at the seams

dehumanize yourself and face to bulletshed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

red sampson posted:

I'm sorry mentally ill people use guns and modified weapons to inflict the most damage on people.

it's not guns that are the problem, its the lack of farmers.

yes farmers, the more farming there is in your country, the less mass shootings occur.

y'all need more farmers.

okay i hear you, but listen, what if we replaced all the farmers with robots and slaves instead?