Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soviet
Jul 17, 2003

stick it in me
brand new townhome complex nearby, mostly empty/vacant

then turn to the right to see the neighborhood im planning to move into

this happened last year at another townhouse complex built by the same company

https://abc7news.com/oakland-condo-ceo-offers-refunds-after-construction-fire/4560536/

i dont want to spend more than $2000 to not have any roommates, and this was the best place i found on short notice. it's a 2-story house that has been split into 3 units (the top unit, then the bottom is split into two)

id never heard of illegal inlaw units before, but after reading a bit it seems like the lease isn't even enforceable. tenants still establish residency (thanks california), but dont get protected tenant status, since they're never legal tenants to begin with. anyone (tenants, neighbors, random people) can report the unit at any time and get the house condemned by the department of building inspection until the illegal units are removed.

the home has been fixed up but everything around it looks like a crackhouse

there was a car accident nearby and i hung around to see how long it would take for a tow truck to show up, and for the garbage to be cleared. idk how long it had been since it happened, but i didnt see anyone other than the cops there. i waited like 15 minutes before i gave up and left

bonus: a surveillance robot designed to harass homeless people that i saw later in SF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun, but I see no ditches.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

What does yours start up claim to do?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This site can’t be reached.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTI-07tDXzs

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

Soviet posted:

brand new townhome complex nearby, mostly empty/vacant

then turn to the right to see the neighborhood im planning to move into

this happened last year at another townhouse complex built by the same company

https://abc7news.com/oakland-condo-ceo-offers-refunds-after-construction-fire/4560536/

i dont want to spend more than $2000 to not have any roommates, and this was the best place i found on short notice. it's a 2-story house that has been split into 3 units (the top unit, then the bottom is split into two)

id never heard of illegal inlaw units before, but after reading a bit it seems like the lease isn't even enforceable. tenants still establish residency (thanks california), but dont get protected tenant status, since they're never legal tenants to begin with. anyone (tenants, neighbors, random people) can report the unit at any time and get the house condemned by the department of building inspection until the illegal units are removed.

the home has been fixed up but everything around it looks like a crackhouse

there was a car accident nearby and i hung around to see how long it would take for a tow truck to show up, and for the garbage to be cleared. idk how long it had been since it happened, but i didnt see anyone other than the cops there. i waited like 15 minutes before i gave up and left

bonus: a surveillance robot designed to harass homeless people that i saw later in SF

I'm not even sure where to start with this, but have you never seen a car accident before? It's not like tow trucks are just waiting at the end of every block to come clean up every collision. Don't ever loving move to the DC area if you think 15 minutes is too long to wait to clear a wrecked car, because you will be sorely disappointed. Really, this whole post just reads as whiny as gently caress

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
no when a car is left for 16 minutes it catches on fire then the neighborhood kids come out to pry off pieces before it melts. shoulda stayed imo

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
so how much is rent at your fine bungalow

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Lol "Oh no my poor illegal housing" my guy you got some loving privilege.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
wow i can't believe it took that long to tow the car, op.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Really loving the guns tag for the thread.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Walrus posted:

no when a car is left for 16 minutes it catches on fire then the neighborhood kids come out to pry off pieces before it melts. shoulda stayed imo

It’s really the 17 minute mark though that separates the wheat from the chaff

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i cant believe people still do low-talent tagging at that scale. surely even the gang looks at that with embarrassment

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Those townhomes are ugly.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
3O got a parachute account?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
tf is an inlaw unit

is that where your wife's mom sets up

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

you work at a startup so i hope a million bad things happen to you

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Well what did you do to help get the car out of the road?

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Lol at ur thread, op

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
OP is gonna be the fat guy that gets left behind by that one guy with the dumbass name i can remember doesnt save when his whole place gets burnt up from insanely illegal wiring lol

E:cant find the funny interview but it was the ghost ship fire

Nooner fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Feb 16, 2019

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

feelix posted:

3O got a parachute account?

:grovertoot:

interwhat posted:

Lol at ur thread, op

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Kiss the Robot OP.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
OP sounds like the worst

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Nooner posted:

OP is gonna be the fat guy that gets left behind by that one guy with the dumbass name i can remember doesnt save when his whole place gets burnt up from insanely illegal wiring lol

E:cant find the funny interview but it was the ghost ship fire

Laughing right now thanks Nooner lol. Whatchu doing up so early??

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i have no idea wthat the OP is loving talking about and i wish never to meet them

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Last Chance posted:

i have no idea wthat the OP is loving talking about and i wish never to meet them

49 other states are right there with you buddy

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I want to hear more about the homeless harassing robot. What does it do, exactly? I'm imagining it goes around shaming homeless people by calling them names.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

I believe the OP is demonstrating that he must live in a crack den, which is technically illegal, because he lives in loving california. The place that is in the process of pricing the middle class out of existence, and imports as many illegal slave laborers to serve the wealthy tech elite. OP is a bad person, and deserves to live in a slum, probably. If he's mugged or killed, well that's just the price of doing business.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Captain Yossarian posted:

Laughing right now thanks Nooner lol. Whatchu doing up so early??

My wife had to open at vet clinic she works at and her getting up got the turtles all riled up and now they are making hella noise in the tank and now im just awake :sigh:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
drat. better give those turts a bug, stat!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
nooner forced to wake up before noon :negative:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

I believe the OP is demonstrating that he must live in a crack den

Nah man look theres grafitti right there. Grafitti! And that tree in front is kinda hosed up looking. It's obviously a den where people smoke and distribute crack.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

gary oldmans diary posted:

nooner forced to wake up before noon :negative:

Absolutely unforgivable.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
While we are on the subject of housing, and this thread is very lame, I'd like to put my current situation out there.

I bought my house with renters on either side. We are in a rural crossroads village of about 150 people. The people to my left are great, even painted the house to spiff it up, cause he does that for a living. His gf is a recovering heroin addict, does some questionable work watching her daughter(like leaving with the promise of older sister being home soon, and that me, and the other neighbor are home so it's cool), but overall, cool long term neighbors..

My neighbor to the right, a 26 year old single father of 4(!?), struggles to make ends meet, but only pays $600 for the house he rents. The house is a piece of poo poo. It's bad. It's yellow lead paint, had a metal roof put on because the owners kid overdosed and died, set the upper floor ablaze. The rest of the roof is sagging badly, the upstairs is still burned out. It's off limits because the renter found spoons and other fun poo poo up there. Just the other day I was outside drinking beer and talking with him, and birds were flying in and out of the roof lol. The walls are clearly crumbling and leaning. It's real bad.

The problem is, my buddy just informed me that he's moving on up to a better place, my worst fear. The likelihood a junkie or several will move in is extremely high. The landlord is himself a junkie. Claims it with pride. No one that isn't a junkie themselves, or just extremely overwhelmed kid that just needs a roof will ever look at this place and see it a place to stay.

I need this place condemned. I don't have any issues with how it looks, I don't care if people go a couple weeks without mowing, I just don't want to have to drop a bunch of money on security, replacing my doors(they need updating, not very secure). I just can't bank on the junkie landlord finding another sweet friendly neighbor. Plus if there's kids in it, and it's not safe and something horrible happens, that would weigh on me.

Is there a renters association I can call to report it and you know, be that guy? We've already discussed arson but yeah that's illegal and our houses are kinda close..

Any suggestions are appreciated. Just thought I'd bring a real issue to this bad thread.

Rural Ohio btw. Lol

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Nooner posted:

My wife had to open at vet clinic she works at and her getting up got the turtles all riled up and now they are making hella noise in the tank and now im just awake :sigh:

post pics of the turtles

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

interwhat posted:

Rural Ohio btw. Lol

ouija board some demons into the house, even junkies won't want to live in a haunted house :eng101:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
first thing that comes to mind is asking a fire marshal about it. they should be able to get it red tagged

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

LordArgh posted:

post pics of the turtles

They like to dig in their rocks and also splash real loud

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

This one looks straight out of a Ninja Turtles origin story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

This one looks straight out of a Ninja Turtles origin story

Ninja turtles are red ear sliders just like Mikey and Dranklin this is legit canon