Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

mitochondritom posted:

Initially, I was placing my memory points into the rogue trees, roughly across trickster and infiltration and a few vagabond. Now I have realised that I should have perhaps focused on magic as it seems much more interesting. Is there a way to retrain?!

There is a specific respec add-on mod for Enderal in the workshop. I downloaded it after being pissed off about a bug, but figured out a work-around so haven't actually tested it.

(The bug was that the special finishing moves that change the camera gently caress up when you're (a) firing an arrow and (b) significantly higher or lower than what you're shooting. The arrow just drills into the ground or up into the sky and you actually miss your "critical hit". Solution: Just turn off the critical hit cam in the settings. I was told this was a bug in the original Skyrim, but I don't remember it happening?)

I actually started the Phantasmilist tree later in the game, so I just checked this page to see if there were any souls in places I had already been, and then went back and grabbed them if so (and basically just ignored places that weren't familiar). (Spoilers, obvs.)

UltraRed posted:

Also, I'm playing stealth/archer...yet I keep getting owned by magic. Is magic just super powerful? Should I be doing something differently?

Don't be afraid to turn the difficulty down at the very beginning--you're squishy as hell and mages and wolves suck rear end. I struggled a bit for my first couple of levels, turned it down, had a much better time, and then turned it back up around the time I hit level 10 or so and things were getting too easy, and then turned it up again now that I'm a harbinger of death. Deathclaws are about the only things that make me hesitate much at this point. And that drat black myrad. :argh:

Yeah, the dialogue is a little cringy at times, there are occasional bugs and rough spots, and it CTDs pretty reliably for me every 2-3 hours, but bottom line: This game is really loving good and if you enjoyed Skyrim at all you should play it.

Edit @ the OP: You might want to put "Skyrim" in the thread title somewhere so people who have no idea what Enderal is but love Skyrim actually pay any attention to the thread whatsoever. :)

aas Bandit fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jul 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

Shemp the Stooge posted:

That is a good idea, I have to ask a games mod to do that right?

I'm assuming you did that? Or maybe a mod took pity on you? :)

I'm almost at the end of the game, but I'm stuck on a quest ("Fleshless") due to a recent scripting change the broke poo poo. Supposedly it will be fixed in the next patch, but apparently there's only one dude currently bugfixing and he's kinda buried in RL stuff, so couldn't really give me an ETA.

This is after the "starting this quest will complete the game, are you sure you want to do that?" warning, so if you get there, I'd suggest just loving around and doing more quests for a while until the patch hits.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost
Just in case anyone's still playing this, I picked it back up after the latest update and the quest bug I was stuck on has been fixed. I finished it up tonight and was overall super impressed. There was one long dialogue/explanation/exposition toward the end that was entirely too loving long and got really tiresome, but the ending itself was satisfying (apparently I got one that was relatively uncommon?).

If you like Elder Scrolls games, this is a must-play.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

CommissarMega posted:

Which ending did you get, by the way?

I opted to sacrifice myself to destroy the beacon while Calia escaped with what she knew to try to prevent the cycle from happening again. But...she came back for me, and rescued me from the rubble and now we're both going to be happy together while we try to spread the truth to the (non-destroyed portion of the) world.

Unless she or I or both of us are insane/hallucinating, which the game raises as a possibility. :)