Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Control Volume posted:

Do you hear that, mr miyamoto? it is the sound of.... inevitability [two dozen screeching kaizo players come barreling down a subway tunnel]

I mainly hear the shrieking eels. Same difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

holy poo poo

i am so pumped for this

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Kaizo stuff was a positive though, anything better than the fifteenth autoscroller or twelve pick a doors in a row.

It was mostly optional stuff that got filtered to super expert, and I enjoyed trying to play it.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Kaizo will still be a thing, there's already other wonky mechanics that have been found. It just won't be the same wonky mechanics.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

Control Volume posted:

Kaizo has been heavily nerfed in smm2

New feature: The game detects if you place a hidden block directly above a bottomless pit, and instantly deletes your level.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
https://twitter.com/AkfamilyhomeAK/status/1143842355872555008?s=20

Trolling, uh, finds a way.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
So, for whatever it's worth, here's a review that states you can download and edit other peoples levels.

https://wccftech.com/review/super-mario-maker-2-the-best-2d-mario-game/

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I was going to wait until online multiplayer is a thing to buy a switch and this, but drat. Sml rubber ball. If there's an effect that tons the level gray than DAAAMMMNNN.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

U-DO Burger posted:

holy poo poo

i am so pumped for this

it's only a day and a half away now right

are we just free posting levels created itt or what

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Kaizo community here at SGDQ is pretty bummed about the changes. That said, the game is here and I am trying to hunt down who has it

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Asema posted:

I think DalaranJ is planning to post the new thread tomorrow.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

RodShaft posted:

I was going to wait until online multiplayer is a thing to buy a switch and this, but drat. Sml rubber ball. If there's an effect that tons the level gray than DAAAMMMNNN.

It is a thing at launch but only with randoms. They’re patching in with friends later.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

RodShaft posted:

I was going to wait until online multiplayer is a thing to buy a switch.

Just do it! Then you can be conscripted into the forever war between the good and just handheld mode freedom fighters and the horrible filthy TV mode swine!

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tnega posted:

Just do it! Then you can be conscripted into the forever war between the good and just handheld mode freedom fighters and the horrible filthy TV mode swine!

plus if you have prime you got a full year of nintendo's terrible online so you don't have to pay for it! (through twitch prime which you get automatically if you have prime)

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Asema posted:

It would be a poor idea to post level codes in this thread rather than the upcoming one which I will post the moment unlock hits in the Americas. However, since some people in Europe or Asia may have an earlier release time, and might complete levels while I'm still at work, I should provide this now:

https://forms.gle/7hBY6h1xWV9S4CK79

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
And when I say the moment, I mean,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wILFddYxKOM

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m so excited. Starting this poo poo up the moment it unlocks. I’ll go through story mode before making anything or playing online.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

As soon as this unlocks, I'm going to exactly remake the only good level I made in Mario Maker 1, and I will share it with all of you.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
I’m having angst about if imma do story for hours or stream community levels when it unlocks.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The first levels that get uploaded are gonna be hot garbage so I'm probably just gonna make my own stuff and play story mode.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yeah if it’s anything like SMM1 the first ones will be “automatic fun ride!!! :-)” autowin

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Reminder that if you have twitch prime the promo for the free year of Nintendo online is still active and stacks with time you already have.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Control Volume posted:

I never played the game after super expert came out, how drastically did it improve the game by filtering out all the kaizo/troll bullshit

Expert runs were fun for all sixteen levels, no stupid poo poo where they hide a vine somewhere and that's the real exit, no shell jump bullshit, none of the stuff that made super expert so tedious and unfun. It was genuinely a joy to blaze through sixteen well made levels and then stop for the day.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I wonder if there'll be any sort of Nintendo-organized event, like with Tetris99.

Could they even do that?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Bring back Wario DIY you cowards!

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I wonder if there'll be any sort of Nintendo-organized event, like with Tetris99.

Could they even do that?

Like the Nintendo Invitational they did a couple weeks ago? Or something else?

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Could they even do that?

Well, there were special levels they would upload occasionally, and considering this has a customizable mii feature, why not. Beat the Invitational level - get a hat. Doubt they'll do "win 999 points if you do x" though. Although with 100 Mario being replaced with high score thing, who knows.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Edit: ^^^ This goon gets me.

RodShaft posted:

Like the Nintendo Invitational they did a couple weeks ago? Or something else?

I was thinking more like something that's announced online, and available for all players from home (though obviously only Nintendo Online subscribers). Like I mentioned, Tetris99 does these events periodically, and I'd love for SMM2 to somehow do something like that. Like 'here are 3 levels from Nintendo, chained together, and the top 1000 players to get the fastest time are put into a draw for <prize>' or something.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLg3Nji_nDc

Careful if you see a level with a spring and Yoshi. There's a glitch to crash the game if you land on both Yoshi and a fire flower while holding a spring.

100% people will put out levels trying to trick you to do this before it's patched.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I LIKE those levels, and his is not a good one of the genre.

I'm neutral on saw levels in general, but I've run into "Super Meat Bros" and "the Return of Super Meat Bros"(names might not be exact) on 100 man and they were both bad enough that I specifically remembered them being saw levels when they were mentioned here.

And my memory for crap like that is... Well crap. I had to download my favorite level because I couldn't remember the name when it was just in my starred levels.

I looked it up for you guys...
Koopaling Kanyon V4 by Oscarín
90B0-0000-03E4-5F74

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I am looking forward to booing levels that deserve it.

Not hard levels. Not tricky, gimmick, or cheeky levels. I'm talking about levels with outright bullshit, or ones that are just boring and terrible.

Immediate death from literally anything? Boo.
Including that crashing bug that was mentioned? Boo.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I am looking forward to booing levels that deserve it.

Not hard levels. Not tricky, gimmick, or cheeky levels. I'm talking about levels with outright bullshit, or ones that are just boring and terrible.

If people are including that crashing bug make sure to report it as well. I assume that's still an option.

People doing that poo poo deliberately deserve to have their accounts banned IMO.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jun 27, 2019

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I completely missed out on MM1 and never jumped much into the world of romhacks. I am so insanely excited for tonight. Give me all the levels, poo poo or legit

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

Even thinking about the Ghost House theme? Boo.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The story mode levels are so drat clever.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Asema posted:

plus if you have prime you got a full year of nintendo's terrible online so you don't have to pay for it! (through twitch prime which you get automatically if you have prime)

Literally the only thing I have used my Twitch Prime membership for.

Relevant Tangent posted:

Expert runs were fun for all sixteen levels, no stupid poo poo where they hide a vine somewhere and that's the real exit, no shell jump bullshit, none of the stuff that made super expert so tedious and unfun. It was genuinely a joy to blaze through sixteen well made levels and then stop for the day.

As the playing population dropped, however, that poo poo started appearing regularly in expert and sometimes even getting into normal. There's a reason Nintendo's trying to improve the physics to minimize it, though I'm sure new nearly frame perfect tricks will be learned and used in bullshit levels.

I was thinking more like something that's announced online, and available for all players from home (though obviously only Nintendo Online subscribers). Like I mentioned, Tetris99 does these events periodically, and I'd love for SMM2 to somehow do something like that. Like 'here are 3 levels from Nintendo, chained together, and the top 1000 players to get the fastest time are put into a draw for <prize>' or something.

Mario Maker 1 had "event levels" that were regularly released that had a reward of a new mushroom costume for completing it. I don't see why they couldn't do something like that again.

The wait for the mailperson tomorrow is going to hurt...

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

I'm weirdly super pumped for this. I played a decent amount of MM1 and loved it, and the reviews so far seem to be pretty glowing.

Bought an Amazon basics stylus and have that all ready to go, now my pre-load just needs to unlock. Do they do a global simultaneous launch, or does Nintendo launch via rolling time zones?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's midnight by region.

So for example in America everyone can get it at 12am eastern, but it would have already released in Japan and Europe by then at their 12 am eastern

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Drone posted:

Bought an Amazon basics stylus and have that all ready to go, now my pre-load just needs to unlock. Do they do a global simultaneous launch, or does Nintendo launch via rolling time zones?

The latter. I’m sure people will start posting about it any minute now while I seethe with jealousy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I hope Nintendo patches out any further exploits that people try to make Kaizo nonsense with.