Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Instead of needing to set up complicated contraptions of note blocks on tracks for custom music, just give us a Mario Paint-style music editor.

And as long as I'm wishing, USB mouse support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

J-Spot posted:

Sounds like co-op is random level selection. I really think they ought to give everyone in the game a chance to pick a level. I want to force my co-op partners to play my stuff!

They showed that nearby play thing where it looks like everyone needs their own Switch to play together. Pretty dumb if that's the only way to do it.

It seems like the camera locks to your character on your screen in the multiplayer modes so they wouldn't have to use a dynamically zooming camera (which would be weird in the 16/8-bit versions), or lock the screen to the fastest/slowest player's progress, so everyone on has to play on their own Switch is the natural solution.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

DalaranJ posted:

Here's a new block in Mario 1 style. It just looks like a wood block to me, but those were the zelda type pyramids in Mario 1 before.

Is that a non-breakable block in the desert style maybe?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
A noble mushroom embiggens the smallest Mario.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
It's worth noting that in SMM1, all the game themes used the same physics engine based on New Super Mario Bros U. Changing the theme only changed some abilities Mario has (carrying items, throwing items up, spin jumping, air twirling) and some of the enemies behaviors (Yoshi/Kuribo's shoe, Raccoon tail/Cape/Propeller hat).

I assume, based on the different way 3D World levels are handled from the other levels, that the previous themes will be based on the same game engine.