Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
Tell me your theories about the coin counter in the trailer where it shows X/50 or X/120, etc. Do you think it unlocks check points? Finishes the level? Just a bonus objective?

If it turns out to be something that can be made mandatory to beat the levels that is going to make for some pretty lovely hunt for the hidden coins super expert trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

J-Spot posted:

I doubt it would unlock a checkpoint since those have to be in a fixed location, but hopefully if you hit a checkpoint it saves your coin count. It could be a mandatory thing but like you said that would lead to some pretty nasty levels and I'd probably be inclined to skip that type of level immediately in the 100 Mario challenge. They also need to allow the time limit to be turned off if they're going to do that.

I just noticed that in the trailer that the coin counter is tied to the flag icon on the left side in build mode which makes it more likely that it's a clear objective. You may be able to set additional objective types such as killing a certain number of enemies or killing a boss.

Yeah, I wonder if they'll add any kind of filters to 100 mario. Ability to restrict by theme or block objective levels like that (if that's what it turns out to be)

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

DalaranJ posted:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they updated the SMM2 website today. e: It's basically all with content from the direct, but tell me if you spot something new.

I'm sure there will be a new surprise or two during the tournament on June 8th.

They are going to announce power glove support. It's so bad!

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
I have been waiting for them to patch in 2+ people on a local switch with an online friend since launch of Smash too and there's no indication it's coming. Have any nintendo made switch games improved or added anything to do with their multiplayer post release? I can't think of any. I don't have high hopes for them adding multiplayer features for MM2 either

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Bongo Bill posted:

Splatoon 2.
Makes sense since it's a super multiplayer focused game I guess

Brother Entropy posted:

they improved the smash matchmaking such that i never get dragged into free-for-alls and very very rarely fight a guy who has items on

Yeah you got me there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

DalaranJ posted:

Piranha plants in pipes spawn in the down position. This is bad design because it will cause players that are running to blind leap into a piranha plant they didn’t know existed.

That's the case in all normal Mario games though isn't it? It would be nice to have the option though