Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I hope they allocate the game enough memory to load all on-rails objects when you enter an area now, so you can build rotating platforms and hazards without the spacing getting screwed up by them loading at the player's approach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It's be nice if they gave more options and control over level aesthetics this time as well, being able to mix and match different backgrounds and theme would be great (and free the athletics themes you goddamn monsters!)

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

How long is a piece of string? Anywhere from 30 mins to six hours+ depending on the length and level of intricacy involved

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

GreatGreen posted:

The youtube description mentions a stylus as a preorder bonus.

I wonder how/if that will work for people like me who buy all digital.

On their site it says digital preorders will get a voucher to claim a stylus too

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The one I've had cooking up in my head is a snowy night level that transitions from a verticle mountain climb into a horizontal 'skiing' course using downwards slopes.

The desert night theme is just begging for a bullshit Lost Levels athletics course where the gales throw you off your jumps.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

g0lbez posted:

sounds like a good use for that new shell powerup you can slide around in

That's a nice idea, it would basically be a toboggan!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

3D World is a better heir to the NES & SNES games than the NSMB series itself, personally I'm extremely hyped to play around with its unique set of mechanics

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I doubt Boom Booms can smash through brick blocks like Chargin Chucks either

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

'In Japan it's called Doki Doki Planner'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

The limit increase is cool, but wtf is with only being able to place 10 ! blocks? That definitely wasn't in Mario Maker 1. gently caress I bet a lot of standard Mario levels have more than 10 of those.

The SM3DW ! Blocks weren't in Mario Maker 1 at all, are you mixing them up with ? blocks?

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Jun 23, 2019