Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Holy poo poo that trailer owned, I'm so hyped for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I was leery letting people downvote levels at first, but yesterday I booted up SMM and tried to do the 100 mario challenge on expert and like 9 out of every 10 levels was just one-way deathtrap doors, levels that become impossible to win if you don't play exactly the way the creator intended, or short levels that give you 10 seconds and demand that you take advantage of a physics glitch

so I changed my mind, downvoting is good and vital

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

huh, World 3 was my favorite world growing up, too (once i finally got good enough to get that far). Something about that black background with no underground or water levels that always made it the coolest and most enjoyable place to go through

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

NSMB 4-player multiplayer was a sublime experience and I wish I could experience it again for the first time

we got sidelined for like half an hour because I had too much fun throwing my swearing friends off the skeleton roller coaster

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

imo if you're running and come across a pipe you should be able to tell if it has a piranha plant in it by the time you commit to the trajectory of your jump

having it timed to show up for the first time and kill you just as you're about to land on the pipe feels almost like an invisible coin block death

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Takoluka posted:

Oh, I loved the poo poo out of it, but I also heard a constant stream of complaints and could never convince my friends to play with me.

drat, that sucks. you need better friends

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

So how many of ya'll are gonna remake your favorite levels from Mario Maker 1?

there are a few level concepts that I'd like to take another stab at, but I won't be remaking anything because all my levels were pretty bad tbh

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I don't know what I'm more excited about; building a bunch of levels, or having near instant access to a virtually unlimited supply of levels. Even if 80% are garbage, 20% of 'infinite' is *checks notes*... uhh, still infinite.

My four year old son and I now do this thing where we jokingly threaten each other with crazier and crazier level ideas.

Me: Oh yeah? Well, I'm going to make a level for you FILLED WITH THWOMPS and CHAIN CHOMPS!

Him: Oh YEAH? Well I'M going to put an Angry Sun in a level and then make all of the ground lava, and put 15 Bowsers in it, and then make it explode!

And then I either one-up (heh) him, or pretend to be scared.

Thank you for this, Nintendo. I genuinely don't care if I buy another game this year.

oh my god that's adorable :3:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I had a feeling this was going to happen after people started freaking out

As much as I hate DLC, it's nice that we can get games altered for the better after launch now

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i dunno what to say, that track owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

holy poo poo

i am so pumped for this