Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Its going to suck that puzzle levels that break the game engine over its knee cant be analyzed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Kaizo has been heavily nerfed in smm2

You can no longer grab items, such as galoombas, pows, springs, and p-switches, while spinning in the air.

Shell physics have been altered to where shells bounce slower off walls. Shell jumps are still possible but will now require adjustment to what veteran players are used too.

It is much harder to slip under music blocks by throwing shells at them, you now have to crouch instantly after throwing the shell.

Considering these changes I’m sure other tricks such as midairs may not work as well. Personally, I think this is a blow to the core community of the game that kept the game alive during the Wii U era. However, I expect Nintendo to change this following the inevitable outrage from some of the community. I will try to remain optimistic considering that smm1 was not perfect at launch either and Nintendo ended up adding important features such as checkpoints.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Do you hear that, mr miyamoto? it is the sound of.... inevitability [two dozen screeching kaizo players come barreling down a subway tunnel]

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I never played the game after super expert came out, how drastically did it improve the game by filtering out all the kaizo/troll bullshit

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The worst choices and the best games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Nintendo is tying one hand behind their back to make sure they dont utterly destroy lesser companies and our minds with gaming perfection. Its admirable and I laud them for their consideration

Control Volume fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jun 27, 2019