Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
https://www.reddit.com/r/MarioMaker/comments/c5jlyw/new_powerup_leak_spoiler/

So this is a thing. Allegedly a shop in France broke street date and one receiver played a chunk of story mode and had this power-up unlocked, the Superball from SML in the SMB skin. The early copy thing has been vetted as real by various people completely independent of this leak, so there's that context, and as someone degenerate enough to belong to the MM Discord server because I'm that hungry for any and all things related to this game, the way this went down seems pretty drat solid. The person who leaked it has been posting like 100 per-request screenshots of the game, the story lines up perfectly, and the footage itself is, well, the footage itself. I don't think there's much to the whole usual 'phone at an angle' warning flag other than they aren't online for obvious reasons and don't wanna use the capture feature and gently caress with SD transfer to try and adhoc appease a massive server that's currently exploding over this in real time. Plus the server has all the usual true Mario Maker murderheads pouring over it and the little things just seem to make it more likely to be genuine. So if this is real, and with the hammer/builder suit power-up being confirmed 3D World exclusive and a story mode unlock, I'm going to go ahead and behave like a reasonable adult and get really hyped at the possibility of each skin seeing its own unlockable power-up from story mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
I'm still glued to this drat mess because I'm probably just not sleeping until the game releases but with the way this lines up with string dumps that've been pulled by the usual suspects, it looks like Superball is confirmed but there are no other new power-ups in the listing.

So yet again being a reasonable adult has righteously owned me, however I'm still super pumped for a new SMB1 power-up after it got kind of blitzed with the whole drug trip mushroom losing its entire aesthetic, loss of costumes, no lanky mario wombo combo. Superball is gonna have a lot of cool applications, it can collect coins so I imagine that probably extends to red coins/keys and junk. It's like the most interesting mechanic from SML's weird-rear end janky experiment.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
yeah

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Ignite Memories posted:

The word is poring my dude

Maybe.

Or maybe...

Anyway, the loving Propeller Suit being the NSMBU rep is still the lamest thing in MM.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
https://twitter.com/AkfamilyhomeAK/status/1143842355872555008?s=20

Trolling, uh, finds a way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
I look foward to shelling my partner in the back to steal the clear condition after a long but shaky truce to achieve it.

And by that I mean trying and getting foisted by my own shell instead.