Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm going to remake the one good level I made in Mario Maker 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm going to faithfully recreate my best level from the first game, and then I'm going to make a vertical level that autoscrolls downward.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

NSMB2 is best understood as a score attack game, in which you're meant to repeat levels and optimize your coin-collecting route.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

DKC1 sometimes manages to have well-structured levels, but just as often is just arbitrary sequences of obstacles. DKC2, however, is like a textbook of classically sound level design.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Conveniently for me, co-op isn't what I was looking for in this game. I'm a hosed up mutant who actually tries to cooperate when doing multiplayer in a Mario game; nobody on earth has a compatible play style.

They'll still probably patch it in close to launch.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Squibbles posted:

I have been waiting for them to patch in 2+ people on a local switch with an online friend since launch of Smash too and there's no indication it's coming. Have any nintendo made switch games improved or added anything to do with their multiplayer post release? I can't think of any. I don't have high hopes for them adding multiplayer features for MM2 either

Splatoon 2.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah, I'm so used to true SMB1 physics that it's going to be weird to be able to actually get some air after jumping on an enemy; that poo poo didn't show up until Mario 3 (unless Lost Levels/the real SMB2 had it?)

The Lost Levels introduced it.

Internet Kraken posted:

So how many of ya'll are gonna remake your favorite levels from Mario Maker 1?

I'll.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

New features revealed?

It tells you at the beginning of a stage what the course completion requirement is.
You can pick up a coop player and hold them over your head.
Glowing P-Switches and POW blocks? They appeared on a ghost house level in day theme.

It also demonstrated that falling icicles can damage enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

As soon as this unlocks, I'm going to exactly remake the only good level I made in Mario Maker 1, and I will share it with all of you.