Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

DalaranJ posted:

There might be a way if you have a device that fakes streetpasses over a wifi link. Ask in the homebrew thread.

Also if you were around for the Splatoon 2 release, they didn't do preorders, and the eShop bottomed out for an hour I think?

They did preorders for Octo Expansion, and while the eShop itself survived, the game download took several hours for everyone on release day because everyone was trying to download it at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Why would a sequel for this kind of game remove content

Nintendo tends to do that kind of thing for who knows why.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

At loving least splatoon lets you join the same drat lobby. It's far more reasonable to not allow for team stacking because it'd make the game worse for almost everyone else.

This has never been a problem in other team based multiplayer games. They take measures to prevent this sort of thing. Like making stacks only fight other stacks, or making players opt in to being able to play against stacks.