Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Hed posted:

I bought a WiiU for MARIO Maker so I am very hype for this. I really enjoyed the creativity on display and some of the posters in this thread made really good levels. The random levels seemed to end up with a bunch of strobe effect music bells and whistles so hopefully there will be a level share here agin.

My biggest disappointment is that they aren’t doing another 9/11 release for this game’s sequel.

They forgot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I'm almost sad there are so many 3D World exclusive assets, because a lot of the enemies and items would be awesome in other level types. I guess you kind of need it to make the setup stand out compared to NSMB levels, though.

I do hope this'll mean we get Super Mario Bros 2 or Yoshi's Island style levels too, though.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This is all excellent stuff, and likely why I can't stand playing Donkey Kong Country. I never look owned a Super Nintendo so I didn't / couldn't buy into the hype at the time. Playing it years later, I found the platforming either boring or incredibly frustrating.

I admit, not really sure where DKC comes from here. Does it not have a similar setpiece structure?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

zfleeman posted:

I 100% agree with this. 3D World wasn't my favorite, but approximating it to a 2D style seems weird. Adding things to the existing MM1 tile sets was enough to warrant a sequel. Unless some 3DW levels are featured in some streams or AGDQ, I won't really be seeking them out. At least, that's how I feel now.

I'll be way more stoked when the Mario 2 style is announced.

Yeah, I would've honestly preferred Mario 2 and Yoshi's Island as the special styles. 3D World has some interesting components to it, but it also seems kind of arbitrary unless there are some major differences under the hood we haven't seen.