Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
Decided to get back on SA for the first time in years to follow this one. I had a good time playing SA levels in 2015. Can't wait!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

While I have next to no interest in the online multiplayer, a few of my Mario-curious friends were thinking about picking this one up because of the potential for super mod-y feeling levels with friends. Big bummer.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

Don't the SMAS version play a little differently, though? I thought I remembered hearing that once.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

Suspicious Cook posted:

Honestly, I think that will be more entertaining to watch as well as play because, let's face it, NO ONE likes watching a person butt their head against a stupid, impossible level for 100 lives. It's boring. Besides, if you really want to watch someone meticulously learn Kaizo nonsense, there will still be viewer level streams where those get submitted.
I watched a few Giant Bomb streams where they make a very difficult level and then die through it for a couple hours until they can post it. I don't mind watching those hard streams. I plan on streaming a bunch of levels I find on SA/Twitter. Too fun. I like "Kaizo-lite" levels.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I hope my opinion changes, and I'll try them, obviously, but I have to say that my interest in playing any SMB3D levels is almost non-existent. I've never played the original game, though I wanted to. But everything I've seen so far from it just doesn't inspire anything in me at all.

Just like the NSMB style, except I'm more familiar with that one. Is it just me?

I 100% agree with this. 3D World wasn't my favorite, but approximating it to a 2D style seems weird. Adding things to the existing MM1 tile sets was enough to warrant a sequel. Unless some 3DW levels are featured in some streams or AGDQ, I won't really be seeking them out. At least, that's how I feel now.

I'll be way more stoked when the Mario 2 style is announced.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

eonwe posted:

man this game is gonna own
So excited to be attached at the hip with my Switch again.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

What's a naked pipe?

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

Is there any real reason that Chuck can't be in the game, or could we expect that in a future patch?

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

Tend to agree with Rupert on this one. Not a fan of 3D world, and even though the song is good, it reminds me of a game I wouldn’t play again. :shrug:

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I’m having angst about if imma do story for hours or stream community levels when it unlocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

Posted this in the Let's Stream thread, but I'm looking at it in a few minutes here if anyone isn't near their switch: http://youtube.com/zfleeman/live