Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

I want to be able to unlock all the costumes without having some locked behind bullshit Kaizo levels. Give me a continue for ultra-expert or let me trade in ten expert clears for one ultra-expert or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Thought of a thing. Let me make flame versions of all the enemies. Big winged flame hammer bros. Same for ice and cat suits.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

The desert level looks rad, I hope they added a desert skin for all the versions. Excited to play with those grabber claws as well.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Overbite posted:

My worry about clear conditions is that it will give people even more incentive to skip levels. I can't find the last big coin, skip

who cares though? if people don't want to play trickmaster nate's ghosthouse of tricks them skipping it doesn't hurt nate or the people who like that style of play.

That Dry Bones shell looks amazing and I'm excited to play with it.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Cojawfee posted:

My checkpoints turn Mario into Weird Mario.

We sure Weird Mario is in?

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I can't wait to spend hours and hours poring over the tiniest detail in my level once I have the general gameplay of it figured out.

Any idea what kind of 'fluff' we can put in a given level? Like decorations, I mean. For example, the trees and/or clouds in SMB1. Do they just show up whwrever, or do you actually place those yourself, too?

Basically what you do is draw a straight line, stuff randomly pops up on the blocks. Copy/Drag those blocks and now you've got a clump of bushes, trees of various heights etc. Now Copy/Paste that to your heart's content.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Tirux posted:

I am finally going to buy a Nintendo Switch soon but I am not sure if I should wait a little bit more for a special Mario Maker 2 bundle or something. Is there any news about it?

For now I just know they are going to offer a stylus pen if you pre-order the game.

Buy a Odyssey bundle instead and just pre-order MM2. That way you'll have two great games.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Those conditions are going to be so abusive that any level having one gets auto-skipped by every player.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

I can't wait to make a vertical mirror course.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

cheesetriangles posted:

Apparently you can't open other peoples levels in the editor anymore.

Man, some of my favorite levels had secrets you couldn't find w/out reverse engineering the thing

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Control Volume posted:

I never played the game after super expert came out, how drastically did it improve the game by filtering out all the kaizo/troll bullshit

Expert runs were fun for all sixteen levels, no stupid poo poo where they hide a vine somewhere and that's the real exit, no shell jump bullshit, none of the stuff that made super expert so tedious and unfun. It was genuinely a joy to blaze through sixteen well made levels and then stop for the day.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Dr Pepper posted:

I hope Nintendo patches out any further exploits that people try to make Kaizo nonsense with.

The game releases with a level titled Kaizo and it's just a blast processed rendering of a flaming skeleton

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Control Volume posted:

Nintendo is tying one hand behind their back to make sure they dont utterly destroy lesser companies and our minds with gaming perfection. Its admirable and I laud them for their consideration

:hai: the frustration just makes you love them more, Nintendo is domme af

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

I will not play a single level non-Nintendo level until I've cleared story mode, if that's possible that's my stupid vow