Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

SeANMcBAY posted:

I hope they implement posts again somehow. Mario Maker 1 feels so lonely ever since Miiverse died. I’m sure they will since they did for Splatoon 2.

I still can't believe Nintendo got the Miiverse so right and promptly abandoned it. Miiverse was the best social network.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Mario Maker 2 was already a must buy for me but this game has everything I wanted so far except a map maker/linking levels together. Can't wait until this is out.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Rirse posted:

8 bit costumes are gone it seems as no mention of amiibos at all.

This is sad.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I can't wait for this game. I loved the original so much that I heavily considered going to SMU's Guildhall program instead of law school. They even would accept Mario Maker levels as part of your application.

Shocked it doesn't have local multiplayer but I'm assuming GOTY is either going to be this or Cyberpunk 2077. (and I have no faith Cyberpunk is getting released this year.) I might even plug in my Wii U so I can copy my best levels from Mario Maker 1.

Something I found helpful for making levels in the last game was to play some of my favorite Mario levels and count the amount of enemies on the map. This helps put things in perspective and led to me making less levels that were overpacked with enemies. I'm going to attempt to make a bunch of easier levels that feel like they are from the first half of SMB3. I wonder if they will let you use Yoshi in the pre-SMW tilesets.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 14:17 on May 16, 2019

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

SeANMcBAY posted:

I love playing on the SMB1 style even without the costumes. I find it fun to see how they SMB1ify elements that came later.

I was never really a fan of the costumes since most of the levels I’d play that featured them were mostly boring corridors.

I made one level with a Jigglypuff costume and named it like the level was Kirby themed just to watch the "that's not Kirby" miiverse comments pile up. RIP costumes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

It's working. super excited