Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3639224.page

quote:

This is a reminder that Microsoft will be ending support for Windows 7 on January 14th, 2020. At that time, iRacing will no longer support accessing the membersite or running the simulation on the Windows 7 operating system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Well poo poo, I should probably start thinking about moving to 10 in my desktop soon, I guess

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Well poo poo, I should probably start thinking about moving to 10 in my desktop soon, I guess

Same here. I guess I put it off too long and missed all the free upgrade opportunities.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

You should still able to do the free upgrades to 10, I helped walk a friend through upgrading her 7 to 10 a couple months ago with no activation problems.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Bentai posted:

You should still able to do the free upgrades to 10, I helped walk a friend through upgrading her 7 to 10 a couple months ago with no activation problems.

Interesting. I will look into that. Thank you.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

There used to be a vaguely unethical way of upgrading in that it was a free upgrade to users with accessibility issues. I say unethical but in reality being a goon and being a sim racer probably qualifies

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

I've been looking at it and it seems kinda like if you just download the Win 10 installer, and run it on a legit Win 7 installation, then it should be hunky dory.

I might be misunderstanding all the technobabble though.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

The only catch is, depending on your Win7 license type, you may still have to buy a new Win10 license if you do a big enough hardware change in the future.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Bentai posted:

The only catch is, depending on your Win7 license type, you may still have to buy a new Win10 license if you do a big enough hardware change in the future.

That's a problem for Furture_Jay_Zombie.

Schorsch
Nov 23, 2010
Oh hello, iRacing thread. I was wondering if you needed another mobile chicane on all those tasty free tracks I definitely have raced on more than once?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Schorsch posted:

Oh hello, iRacing thread. I was wondering if you needed another mobile chicane on all those tasty free tracks I definitely have raced on more than once?

The more the better.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Bentai posted:

Attempting this on an old laptop I have lying around this weekend to test it out before I try it on my gaming PC. Will report back.

Laptop is running 8.1, but I think if it works it should be about the same as upgrading 7.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Can you nerds go talk about Windows upgrades in YOSPOS or some poo poo, it's the most boring topic in the universe.

Meanwhile in iRacing news: it's the Sebring 12hr next weekend, the perfect race for up and coming GT3 drivers to get into the special events because its a piss easy track and there's like, one place you can conceivably wreck the car beyond all hope (this is not a challenge).

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Vando posted:

Can you nerds go talk about Windows upgrades in YOSPOS or some poo poo, it's the most boring topic in the universe.

Meanwhile in iRacing news: it's the Sebring 12hr next weekend, the perfect race for up and coming GT3 drivers to get into the special events because its a piss easy track and there's like, one place you can conceivably wreck the car beyond all hope (this is not a challenge).

Struggling to think where this is. But I'm only familiar with Forza 7 sebring.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Last corner, likes to loop you into the pit wall.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

I just reinstalled for the first time since October 2017, according to my race history. Gonna join the mobile chicanery at Laguna tomorrow and possibly sign up for Sebring if I can get enough practice in to not be completly terrible.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Jay_Zombie posted:

Attempting this on an old laptop I have lying around this weekend to test it out before I try it on my gaming PC. Will report back.

Laptop is running 8.1, but I think if it works it should be about the same as upgrading 7.

Worked like charm. Thanks for the advice Bentai.
Easier than I thought it would be and it activated itself to boot.

Thus endeth the nerd talk.
Now, back to your regularly scheduled nerd talk, already in progress.

Jay_Zombie fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Feb 24, 2019

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Don't forget Sundays are GOONCAR.

These times are in CST. 30 min practice/qual (fastest clean lap), and 30 min races.
pre:
Gooncar Spring 2019	2/24/2019 15:30		WeatherTech Raceway at Laguna Seca	MX16		30m	30m
Gooncar Spring 2019	3/3/2019 15:30		Okayama International Circuit		MX16		30m	30m
Gooncar Spring 2019	3/10/2019 16:30		Lime Rock Park				MX16		30m	30m
Gooncar Spring 2019	3/17/2019 16:30		Nürburgring Nordschleife		MX16		30m	30m
Gooncar Spring 2019	3/24/2019 16:30		Summit Point Raceway			MX16		30m	30m
Gooncar Spring 2019	3/31/2019 15:30		Charlotte Motor Speedway		MX16		30m	30m
The only paid track is the Nordschleife.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
30 mins to gooncar klaxon

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Has anyone had double vision/IPD issues with this game. I can't figure out what's going on, but the IPD is hosed up so that nearby things look super nearby and the track has an elongated sense of depth. The UI inside the car is impossible to focus on. I'm using a Samsung Odyssey through the OpenVR support. One suggestion I saw was to use ReVive/ReMix and set it to Oculus support, but I didn't have time before this session to get that figured out.

E: I should add that it's fine everywhere else, just iRacing that is messed up.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Mr. Powers posted:

Has anyone had double vision/IPD issues with this game. I can't figure out what's going on, but the IPD is hosed up so that nearby things look super nearby and the track has an elongated sense of depth. The UI inside the car is impossible to focus on. I'm using a Samsung Odyssey through the OpenVR support. One suggestion I saw was to use ReVive/ReMix and set it to Oculus support, but I didn't have time before this session to get that figured out.

E: I should add that it's fine everywhere else, just iRacing that is messed up.

I can't find any specific people saying they fixed the issue. But maybe try ReVive.

From what I can find its anything from drivers, ReVive, or possibly bad unit?

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 25, 2019

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

SPACE HOMOS posted:

I can't find any specific people saying they fixed the issue. But maybe try ReVive.

From what I can find its anything from drivers, ReVive, or possibly bad unit?

I've seen the "I returned it and now it works" posts, but it's totally a software issue. it works too well in other games to be a hardware issue.

E: Got it working in ReVive and the IPD is now correct. I also did the disable force feedback and then re-enable it and that also seemed to work. I then proceeded to put down some decent Miata times at Laguna Seca, thus proving that the only reason I was second to last and not first were these issues. QED.

carticket fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Feb 25, 2019

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Still not over how we managed a field of 16 yesterday, that's some good poo poo. Now, to make racing more interesting further down the field, a new rule: starting next week, whichever driver outside the top 3 has fewest incident points gets 5 bonus championship points! If two or more have the same number of incidents, then the tiebreaker will be fastest lap.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I had a lot of fun yesterday. I managed to get a 42 in during the race which is 2sec faster than I was doing in practice. I also managed not to bin the car for 30 minutes which is an achievement as I bin cars within 3 laps when driving by myself. Okoyama will likely be a different story as I've never done anything there.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

KidDynamite posted:

Okoyama will likely be a different story as I've never done anything there.

I know it's sacrilege to even raise the possibility of practicing for Gooncar, but if you really wanted to get in some actual races the official MX-5 rookie series is at Okayama right now. (Until the changeover tomorrow night)

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Vando posted:

Still not over how we managed a field of 16 yesterday, that's some good poo poo. Now, to make racing more interesting further down the field, a new rule: starting next week, whichever driver outside the top 3 has fewest incident points gets 5 bonus championship points! If two or more have the same number of incidents, then the tiebreaker will be fastest lap.

I approve of this. new goal: come 4th with no Incs

like, including if I'm running 3rd because goon spirit means nothing to me I'm all about imaginary points

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 25, 2019

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Sebring 12hr signup sheet, even if you think you suck just go on team 2 and have fun making it to the end https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H5R6pOfDUQs0ui54VM9vqROERZKNqnrjXV0pHSb0kbw/

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

How many drop weeks this season? Do the incident points in your drop races still count against you for the bonus?

vvv: Oh, cool. For some reason I interpreted your original post as five bonus points at the end of the season for the fewest incidents total, which in hindsight doesn't make much sense vs being per race.

Theris fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Feb 26, 2019

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Theris posted:

How many drop weeks this season? Do the incident points in your drop races still count against you for the bonus?

Was going to be no drops but now I think about it, call it one drop so that people aren't punished if they don't have the Ring.

The incident bonus is per race and added to your total race points for the purposes of the week so you'll still just drop your worst points race if you don't miss any weeks.

Bunnybread
Feb 16, 2012

So, I don't actually race at all but I saw the thread and wanted to offer up something me and an associate did. We have done podcasting crap for a while and he was pretty serious about iracing. Had a whole driver's cockpit and such at home.

Anyways, he got sick of the default spotter voice and asked if I could redo the lines. Turns out that there was a lot more to it than I originally thought for some pro bono voice work but I eventually finished and we had a brand new spotter's pack.

http://ao.kalimonster.net/Bbread_2.zip

Still doing podcast crap. However, it's been awhile since he's done much racing. Just thought you might like a new guy telling you to stop hitting other cars.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Not Aussie guy 0/10.

It actually baffles me that people willingly use spotters other than Aussie Guy.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Bunnybread posted:

So, I don't actually race at all but I saw the thread and wanted to offer up something me and an associate did. We have done podcasting crap for a while and he was pretty serious about iracing. Had a whole driver's cockpit and such at home.

Anyways, he got sick of the default spotter voice and asked if I could redo the lines. Turns out that there was a lot more to it than I originally thought for some pro bono voice work but I eventually finished and we had a brand new spotter's pack.

http://ao.kalimonster.net/Bbread_2.zip

Still doing podcast crap. However, it's been awhile since he's done much racing. Just thought you might like a new guy telling you to stop hitting other cars.

This is probably the best post i've woken up to in this thread

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Tell him to come back and run Gooncar. Tell yourself to come back and do Gooncar commentary.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Vando posted:

Tell yourself to come back and do Gooncar commentary.

Yessssssssssss

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Man Okayama is a fun track to throw GT3s around. I forgot how good it is. Definitely not a great place for the Merc to be super competitive, but it's still a hoot.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
d-d-double post

Week 13 Series are out:

quote:

The 13th Week is here again – for those of you who don’t know, the 13th week is the week between regular 12-week seasons. The racing schedule is altered and we add some unofficial/fun series in the mix. The 13th week runs from March 5th through March 11th. Everything goes back to normal on March 12th.

Official Series – Safety Rating and iRating are impacted

13th Week Street Stock Challenge
13th Week Mazda Cup

13th Week Dirt Street Stock Challenge

13th Week iRacing RallyCross Series

13th Week iRacing Porsche Cup (911 GT3 Cup)

13th Week WoO Super Late Model - Fixed

NASCAR iRacing Series Fixed & Open

NASCAR Class B

NASCAR Class C

Unofficial/Fun Series – Safety Rating and iRacing are not impacted – the sporting code still applies!

13th Week iRacing Figure GR8 – Figure 8 racing featuring the Rallycross cars

13th Week Tube Frame Twister

13th Week Dirt Midget

13th Week Lemans Lucky 7s

13th Week Are You Afraid of the Dark Series

Sling Mud for Fun – Sprint Cars

Sling Mud for Fun – Late Models

Industiefahrten Fun

PickupCup

Dallara Dash

Carburetor Cup

tube frame twister and figure gr8 are back!!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Real TFT or bullshit GT1/Radical TFT?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Bullshit Mustang/Solstice TFT

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The gently caress, I don't even think the solstice is tube framed