Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

cruiserweights out here doing amazing spots in the picture-in-picture makes me feel like the 90s never ended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Kofi should completely win and even as a huge Bryan fan it's gonna be sad when Bryan beats him for heel heat.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

the IIconics are the only ethical choice here

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Ragnarok the Red posted:

It feels too soon, honestly, Bryan just introduced his new belt a few weeks ago and began his partnership with Rowan. Kofi going from Mustafa's replacement to WWE Champion in a week feels....abrupt.

It would absolutely be abrupt and weird, but it would also be fun and awesome, god dammit

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I cannot help feeling if both members of your tag team enter separately to separate music you should be disqualified from championship contention.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

there were like eleven camera cuts for that shot of four people sitting completely still on the ground for thirty seconds

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Yeah, once they got through the clusterfuck part of the match it was just fine.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Legit would love to see that match.

It is a genuine shame they didn't put the Sky Pirates in this match so we could see Io Shirai flipping off cage pods.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Shane McMahon beating up wrestlers is always the worst thing on every show.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I know these posts are redundant within just this thread let alone the WWE discourse, but seriously, every time Shane McMahon is portrayed as this human wrecking ball who can murder any wrestler on the planet I feel like the character at the start of every eldritch horror story who's screaming and gibbering about the lie that is reality

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

after all of that, really

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

My stream died completely (this almost never happens) am I missing anything?

No, Shane and Miz left while looking sad and it took like three minutes.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Low Desert Punk posted:

is dasha a heel interviewer?

The interviewers don't have alignments, they're not even really people, this is why when wrestlers walk away from them instead of reacting they just stare blankly into middle distance until the camera turns off

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

They hate small dudes so much that they're billing Finn being in a handicap match as unfair to Lashley

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I'm glad Finn is the champion instead of Lashley but I can't divorce it from being annoyed that they did it through Lio

edit:

Dango Bango posted:

It's amazing how WWE can make someone look weak winning a title

pretty much this, yeah

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Midnightghoul posted:

Why are they cheering for Bobby

Why

They're bored and they want Lio to get beat up.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

It annoys me deeply that Charlotte has really strong history as both a heel and a face, and rather than playing into any kind of continuity with it they just randomly change her alignment for Reasons and pretend nothing that previously happened exists

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Sonya Blade gives the Kiss of Death to Non-Binary Gender Theory

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

it would've been nice if Ruby Riott was in that Ruby Riott match

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

the Becky part of that was done extremely well but I'm still mad about Ruby

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

IDONTPOST posted:

why the gently caress is there a baron corbin match on this ppv

He's pretty tall, IDONTPOST.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

All of the minutes in this match could have been used for making Ruby Riott not look like poo poo.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

they dumped this stable already, why the gently caress would you bring it back

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

GeneX posted:

this was...good?

The first half of it isn't, but it gets real good once it clears out a bit.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

i have always loved the hilarious logic of exponential table damage in wrestling

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

so have they basically just gone back to every single part of the pre-THIS IS A NEW ERA stuff except Corbin being the president of wrestling

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I didn't have the audio on for a minute, was there any justification for why Lacey Evans suddenly appeared and vanished?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Your Taint posted:

I've been binging the Attitude Era and I miss the days of hot crowds, interesting characters, and good writing.

I enjoyed the attitude era too, but

Your Taint posted:

good writing.

let's not go crazy here

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

he's gonna get beat in like ninety seconds, isn't he

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

K

O

F

I

T

R

A

I

N

please be brave, WWE

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

why's joe always gotta be the bitch, man

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

man, just this once, do the thing.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

IDONTPOST posted:

sometimes wrestling is REALLY loving good

the moments are so rare and so great

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Ishin posted:

I don't even care about how dumb a rope break is in a chamber match. gently caress yeah Kofi!

said this almost verbatim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

that was great and probably the right thing to do but man, kofi, though