Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

weird Asian candy posted:

Week 6. Arizona @ Orlando. Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg Bowl 2019

The only game that will matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I'm not nearly as entertained by the NFL as I am with everything about the AAF.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Proteus Jones posted:

I'm not nearly as entertained by the NFL as I am with everything about the AAF.

The AAF social media presence is really good too and way better than it should be.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/AAFFleet/status/1098681052766208000?s=19

Be still my heart

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Yikes, that's Impact Wrestling levels of attendance.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Man, the responses are horrible.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Fenrir posted:

Man, the responses are horrible.

Yeah. Some people down here are trying to divorce themselves from everything Chargers.

Merriman was a great San Diego Charger and was one of the most vocal proponents of keeping them here and to see San Diegans turn on him like this is beyond sad

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

overmind2000 posted:

Yikes, that's Impact Wrestling levels of attendance.

It’s tough to support a team starting Christian Hackenberg STILL. But I soldier on

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

a neat cape posted:

Yeah. Some people down here are trying to divorce themselves from everything Chargers.

Merriman was a great San Diego Charger and was one of the most vocal proponents of keeping them here and to see San Diegans turn on him like this is beyond sad
It's really disappointing.

I always really liked Merriman, and I still think he was a hall of famer waiting to happen if not for the career-wrecking injuries. Maybe not the first ballot lock Sterling Sharpe should have been, but definitely up there.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Owns

https://twitter.com/MichaelWaddell_/status/1098772339569975296?s=19

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Throwback Apollos rule :allears:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
I love that the Jets made a draft pick SO BAD it reverabtes to this day in a minor league :allears:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I love that the Jets made a draft pick SO BAD it reverabtes to this day in a minor league :allears:

It's kind of amazing, everyone in the world except the Jets front office, ESPN talking heads, and Penn State homers knew Hackenberg was not remotely worth a second round draft pick and yet they did it anyway.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Pakled posted:

It's kind of amazing, everyone in the world except the Jets front office, ESPN talking heads, and Penn State homers knew Hackenberg was not remotely worth a second round draft pick and yet they did it anyway.

and then he got multiple chances beyond that, for reasons I assume involve the Illuminati or some poo poo because there is no rational explanation for Hack even getting one more start let alone a whole new career

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i love the off the field stuff the aaf is doing this is fantastic

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Docjowles posted:

and then he got multiple chances beyond that, for reasons I assume involve the Illuminati or some poo poo because there is no rational explanation for Hack even getting one more start let alone a whole new career

Hackenberg: famous for being famous (kinda)

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Hack is the William Hung of football

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I want to know if Jimmy Clausen went to the AAF right after his failure in Carolina would he have been any better than the guys we see out there right now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

waah posted:

I want to know if Jimmy Clausen went to the AAF right after his failure in Carolina would he have been any better than the guys we see out there right now.

What do you think this man could do?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

Be the front man for a Police cover band?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That was a typo, what I meant to say was what do you think this man couldn't do?

The possibilities are endless.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

A Clausen/Peterman QB duel would be the stuff of legends.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I will never forget Fiz's tweet to him saying "pretend I'm a cornerback and send me the pics" during Jimmy's "I totally have a girlfriend guys" phase.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Greatest league ever.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I'll be bummed if this league fizzles out because it's fun to read/post news about football in February.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Yeah, me too. To be honest it will be a longshot but like others have said it does have a lot of things going for it.

The attendance figures are great (minus the Express and maybe another team). Viewership not bad (but like others have pointed out, might go down the dumper).

But if it survives, the moment will be Sunday's Orlando/SA game. Or the $250 million cash injection. Hell it was nice to watch a game that was "fun" for a change and even with that horrible looking injury the game moved fast.

I guess at the end of the day I appreciate it, I appreciate what they are doing, some billionaire is picking up the tab and we get more football. And we can poke fun and laugh about it when we feel like it. So far, a win-win situation.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I was shocked to see how young the dude who dumped $250m into the league looks:

https://twitter.com/TDCanes/status/1098987007848648704

Then I realized most of us would probably be dumb enough to do the same thing if we had that kind of money. $250m to be the head of a football league tied to the NFL, hell yeah!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Not being familiar with Dundon, I was curious in what horribly unethical way he made his billions. Sub-prime auto loans, it turns out. Sounds about right :v:

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
I'm not sure I've ever intuitively disliked a person without ever having had any interaction as much as Jimmy Clausen.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Pickles!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Pakled posted:

He had the capacity to be good, but then he got sacked 46 times in one game and broken. But I suspect they think they can somehow unlock his dormant powers. Which is impossible.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

are you adequately prepared for some football?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Zyla posted:

are you adequately prepared for some football?

*puts on comfortable slippers*

Yes. I am prepared for the pigskin competition.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I too am satisfied that a level of anticipation has been achieved that is commensurate with this league.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Go Hotshots. Beat the Salt Lake City team once more. Make them pee blood due to repeated kidney strikes.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Gonz posted:

Go Hotshots. Beat the Salt Lake City team once more. Make them pee blood due to repeated kidney strikes.

Rude.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Trevor Knight was actually pretty good for Arizona today. John Wolford should stay down

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Play posted:

Trevor Knight was actually pretty good for Arizona today. John Wolford should stay down

7/16 for 85 yards