Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
How hard is it to get an alloy crossflow head for those 250 engines? I'm trying to convince my friend to put one on his Maverick's engine instead of the lovely single barrel manifold head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES

You Am I posted:

I think NinjaTech is talking about the US Ford Maverick. I don't think the Aussie 250/4.1lt alloy head will fit the US 250 block, as Ford Australia did some changes to the block when they moved to cross flow heads.

Yeah, It's a 1974 US Ford Maverick. Unfortunately he doesn't want a Barra in it.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES

You Am I posted:

I think NinjaTech is talking about the US Ford Maverick. I don't think the Aussie 250/4.1lt alloy head will fit the US 250 block, as Ford Australia did some changes to the block when they moved to cross flow heads.

I can't find any information saying what changes there were or that it won't work. The only info I'm seeing says that the 60's-80's Aussie heads fit but it's all pretty vague or lovely forum posts.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES

You Am I posted:

This site has a great write up on a cross flow 250 from an XF Falcon being put into a 65 Mustang - https://fordsix.com/archive/www.classicinlines.com/XFswap.html

Awesome! Thank you. I had come across classic inlines but never found that page. It's really hard to navigate it.