Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

If you are like me and spent way to long racking your brain to figure out who the other girl is, its Lauren Adams, who plays Gretchen on Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

When The Daily Show came to Miami the only instructions we got were to be very energetic and honest. If we felt like laughing, we were to laugh loudly, if we felt like booing, we should do so. They basically said to react, but do so maximally.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I am a physician, I can be de-boarded for taking part in an execution. I am agaisnt the death penalty but honestly a gunshot to the back of the head is better than lethal injection or electric chair. Hell, I would rank guillotine above almost every currently used method as "humane".

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Anyone else not seeing this up yet on HBO Now. Tried rebooting my Fire, and then checking on a tablet and its not there.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Its up now for me.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I don't know the methodology of the study done, but it would be interesting to compare medical students who go to medical school in college towns, or who are in more suburban areas vs. ones that go to school in large cities. I went to medical school and anywhere from 80-90% of patients were not white. That simply matches the demographics of the area. I have a feeling the bias in those students is lessened, if not from straight up education, but from gradual exposure over and over again.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Hunt11 posted:

I think he was given the position to encourage a closer relationship with the US and that the actual diplomatic push had nothing to do with him.

Also, the diplomatic push was one of the truly bipartisan efforts in the last decade.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

If you live on the east coast, unless its a landslide, the result doesn't come in until well after midnight. I am fine with going to bed and waking up to see who won, so time shouldn't be a factor.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

SlothfulCobra posted:

:siren: Urgent dumb joke consequences news :siren:

You remember when Michael Bloomberg bought 400 .nyc domain names, including ones that made fun of him so that nobody else could use them? And then Last Week Tonight bought a few that he missed just to make fun of him on principle?

Well I just checked and all of the ones that LWT bought are all down. Now, either coincidentally a comedy show just let a joke lapse just within the 6 years it took to slide back into political relevance, or foul play is afoot.

https://tinytinymikebloomberg.nyc/
https://michaelbloombergisawiener.nyc/
https://bloombergeatsbabycornasifitsrealcorn.nyc

Although I wonder if the domain names that Bloomberg registered have lapsed by now. https://michaelbloombergistooshorttobepresident.nyc looks like it's on a squatting site rather than just empty.

I'm gonna go with they didn't bother to renew it...

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Well duh, thats how the gay agenda works.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Stare-Out posted:

I'm bugs me more and more that John insists this is a comedy show and not a news show when this is pretty much the most important news show on in America right now.

The same thing happened to Stewart and The Daily Show. They never sought to do real investigative journalism, only make fun of the news and make jokes about the dumb stuff in it. Because this was all construed as being honest, Stewart eventually became the most trusted man in news, despite never actually aiming for that goal. Oliver's stuff is a little more serious and they do a good job of in depth reporting, but they aren't a news gathering organization (i.e. no reporters or presence at major press conferences). They are more like a 20/20 with dick jokes. They are a news magazine that focuses on important, and in non-emergency times, often uncovered topics. Despite that, or maybe because of the fact that they take time to deliberate and source and fact check, they are seen as a more vital and trustworthy source than other news outlets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I can only imagine the phone calls between John Oliver and John Stewart right now. Its so clear why Stewart retired, and given the pace of 2020 Oliver is gonna hit that threshold in like September. Watch him have to testify/shame Congress into some obvious thing like Stewart had to for 9/11 First Responders.