Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

cant cook creole bream posted:

I will hand it to him, Barr is actually good at playing bagpipes. That's the sum of his qualities.

I thought so too but near the end you see at least one other piper there and it's pretty unlikely he's rocking a power solo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Ignis posted:

And no way John was standing that close to the explosion, he's a flinchy person.

You don't see him in the wide shot, but he could be walking away much further out and they compress it with the proper lens so it looks like he's right there (and a really deep depth of field so it's all in focus). Pretty standard film technique for this sort of work.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

A good book that touches on the meat-packing industry, but isn't about just that, is Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal.
Wikipedia describes it as "a 2001 book written by investigative journalist Eric Schlosser that examines the local and global influence of the United States fast food industry."

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

No, the other thing.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Nico comes off as really smart about vfx stuff, and I could listen to him explain things all day. I just wish they'd stop giving airtime to that younger guy (Wren? The "wackier" one.) Something about him just rubs me the wrong way.