Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I thought this was ok, of course it's a shallow look at the topic, they have what, like 20 minutes to cover it and make jokes? But he covered all the main angles at least. Way better than psychics which was the most "no poo poo" segment ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SlothfulCobra posted:

That bit on how laughing at Trump tends to soften how much of a monster he is really hit home for me. He used reality TV to remake his career, and regardless of how incredibly stupid he may actually be, he does know how to be a clown. And many of his supporters see the more monstrous things he gets caught with as more clowning around, not to be taken seriously or on face value. Back in the day with W, it felt like laughing at him had a power to it, because he was a pathetic man trying to put forth a serious image to get power to abuse, but Trump is so not-serious he doesn't even bother to lie well. He constantly puts out easy jokes as chaff for people to get caught up on so they won't bother with the more uncomfortable material.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1105468569800839169
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1105471621672960000

It's incredibly stupid and I still can't stop laughing

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SlothfulCobra posted:

I think Stephen Colbert was known to be really into interacting with his audience, at least back during the Colbert Report days. It's why it took a minute or two for the show to get started because the crowd wouldn't stop cheering.

I don't know if it's like that now on the Late Show. I think in general it's a lot lower energy.

Didn't he start the show by running through the audience and high-fivimg everyone? Listening to this stuff at home can be annoying, that's why I mute LWT until after he's done his welcome welcome welcome thing.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
: the TV show

Like many other things about the US it's completely ridiculous and will never get fixed because the status quo is just lovely enough to keep everyone happy

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
No "And now"? :ohdear:

Not sure how I feel about canceling the shows. Couldn't they all work from home and then it's be pretty much John talking to a camera in the studio anyway.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Who works to raise gas prices with his journalist-murdering, dictator friends during a crisis?
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1245720677660925952?s=20

When the prices crashed, he was hyping it as cheap gas for everyone. Not that these statements are contradictory, technically, but it's pretty lol that we're now celebrating price fixing to increase costs for everyone

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I've only heard of ONN through posts here so seeing it live was...ugh. It's incredibly disturbing that these people not only have access to are president but also a non-zero audience.

Azhais posted:

Especially since a lot of Chinese food that Americans think about are actually American constructs
So... just like the Spanish Flu and SARS-CoV-2 then?

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 7, 2020

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Well I for one am extremely disappointed by this blatant display of anti-dog agenda. gently caress you John, hopefully Alf comes back and eats your 28 cats.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Good episode of Rat Week Tonight. With the cases exploding everywhere (in America at least) the situation in prisons almost never comes up.

https://i.imgur.com/G6QjGUV.mp4

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo somehow I've never seen that Trump pen clip before. What a disgusting piece of trash he is. Does anyone have that clip in an embeddable form?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Orange Devil posted:

He advocated a narrowly target child tax credit as the solution. Peak liberalism.

Wealth redistribution is peak liberalism? We should probably have more liberalism then.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kamrat posted:

John has always been a bit bad when it comes to foreign issues, makes me think that he might be bad at representing issues in America as well and it's just that I can't tell being a filthy european.

He's a dirty lib! :supaburn:

Midjourney is IMO better for more abstract and artistic stuff, but to be fair Stable Diffusion didn't cope with cabbage marriage much better

You have to explicitly tell that he's holding the cabbage and so on

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh that thing, yeah looks like an axolotl mascot or something, definitely something he'd do

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like I've seen a "Law and Order is cop propaganda" rant / video essay somewhere before. Anyway they should've compared and contrasted it with The Shield or something.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Trevor's out! I haven't been watching the show regularly so I saw it from the other news. No data announced yet, I'm curious who they'll get to replace him. I liked Trevor's standup but he never felt quite right in the role IMO.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-63084082

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo those welfare songs :lmao:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

cant cook creole bream posted:

I heard that as "where's Miss Cabbage?" As in John's fiancé. It's a weird callback, but was plausible enough.

That's what it kind of sounded to me too but the subtitles definitely say "Shelly Miscavige" and I had no idea wtf that was.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

LividLiquid posted:

Cities and towns are supposed to provide that poo poo. Offloading it to what amounts to private governments is always, always, always bad and never a "necessary" evil.

Yes but then poor people might use those pools and playgrouns

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I've definitely come across that type of question before, another one I think was "how many windows are there in Manhattan" or something like that. Same idea, nobody is going to have an accurate official number so you have to show how you'd estimate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
It felt like deja-vue because apparently I watched the Wendoever video a few months ago that covered it from s somewhat different angle.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vQpUV--2Jao