Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I always knew that the McMan's were rightwing gently caress heads, but yeesh his offscreen persona is even worse than his onscreen one.

I'm surprised that so many wrestlers are conservatives or libertarians being how hosed up the WWE is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

It took me a second to realize that the interview wasn't staged, because of the "WWE" TV background and Vince being such an rear end in a top hat on camera.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

This may be a very nice question but why didn't McMahon just...you know...fire them? It's not like Penn State where these people were valuable talent that couldn't be lost without effect.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Dumb Lowtax posted:

A few weeks ago you would have been preaching to the choir but I've come around. So should you. If you think I'm just saying these things out of the blue and am totally alone, try going into CSPAM and saying what you just did and see how well it goes over. I did, this month, and look at the aftermath:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3884874

Seriously, read it. The posters ITT fancy themselves representative of the left, but there is *vitriol* on the left about John Oliver. It's not just a matter of them not knowing about the show or only having heard "Drumpf". People really disrespect him for the list of ways he's hung the left out to try, in spite of the good he's done.

LMAO, they link that terrible "Venezuela Debunked" video.

Like many subforums on here, CSPAM is a left wing subforum full of "lefter than thou" types, so therefore every media personality is bad. I even recall posts about how Chapo Trap House was lovely.

John Oliver is by no means perfect, but he's arguably the best mainstream personality and is at least in the realm of "somewhat reasonable", which is more than I can say with Bill "Islamophobe and Get Those Kids off My Lawn!" Maher, as well as Rachel "Conspiracy Nut" Maddow, and of course Samantha "My Husband and I Don't Support School Integration" Bee.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Apr 9, 2019

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

It's amusing that with Stupid Watergate II, John didn't mention that what Trump was "investigating" was that Biden essentially did something very similar in Ukraine as well

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

Not really. They both threatened to withhold funds but with Biden it was part of a general international push to get a more competent investigator in place whilst Trump did it to dig up/manufacture dirt on a potential political opponent.

Biden's son had nothing to do with it?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I'm surprised that there are "only' 32 million more males than female. That's like a 2% difference.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

No thoughts on the voting machines segment?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

What cases have their been of elected officials winning due to someone hacking or tampering with voting machines?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

SlothfulCobra posted:

There's like half a year between elections and taking office anyways, keeping glued to the news expecting to see the exact second it's called is just stressing yourself out to no benefit.

Well that's damning with faint praise.

Most modern democracies use voting machines.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

tarlibone posted:

If anyone watches Legal Eagle on YouTube, he just did a video about the latest episode of Last Week Tonight. It's pretty neat.

I was worried that this would be an rear end take.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

tarlibone posted:

I work with an "offshore asset" who is based in India. He happened to mention that nobody knew what was going on in his country, that New Delhi was burning, and I told him that, yeah, I had heard about it. I didn't say it was because of a comedy show.

He said that the citizenship law is causing a lot of trouble, and it was purposely created to be all but impossible to comply with. The closest thing I can equate it to is voter ID laws. You know how they are harder for the poor, elderly, and some minorities to comply with because records may be hard to get (if they exist), and getting to a place where you can obtain the ID is not easy during business hours?

Well how about this: to prove you're an Indian, you need paperwork (like birth certificates, school records, etc.) going back two generations. That's your parents and your grandparents. Sure, we think: that's annoying and burdensome, but I'm sure I could get my grandpa's stuff, right? Well, it was around this time that India was becoming independent, and the vast majority of the country was a rural area where such records were simply never created or kept. India still has large areas that are barely out of the third world; for a lot of these people, these records aren't inconvenient to get, or difficult to gather--they simply don't exist. So, you're hosed.

And my Indian partner? He's also a Muslim, so he's double-hosed. He has no idea what's going to become of him.

And they are putting them in "detention camps". Dude is basically Hitler.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Wouldn't it make more sense to defend "Chinese Virus" by bringing up the "Spanish Flu" rather than "Chinese Food"?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Why is it abbreviated OAN and not OANN?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

I don't want to start no drama, but Stewart's politics are a a lot more centrist than John Oliver's, and Oliver's still, in my opinion, too stuck in outdated ways of viewing the political landscape for the current political situation. This episode was great, but he should've been this radicalized about many other topics he talked about well before now. If anything, people like Stewart and Colbert who tried to "restore sanity" to politics instead of pushing to progress them helped pacify liberals into accepting what got us here.

This is where Jon Stewart is currently at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vhaAoSm1NY

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

For such a passionate segment, they really didn't give that much information on the events. Only the barest of basics.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I appreciate how Jon has accepted that the situation we are in is part of a generational battle that we've lost rather than something that just happened in 2016 due to Jill Stein voters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

We'd also have to abolish the Senate (or render it so powerless it'd end up a ceremonial body) which is all but impossible.

And implement ranked choice voting.
And a more participatory democracy model.
And abolish the Supreme Court as we know it.