Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I'm not gonna lie, I want to watch Gogglebox now. And I'm afraid someone will try to do a US equivalent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Ahh, Stephen Fry's dulcet tones :allears:

vv: sigh

Also, that wasn't Stephen Fry.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I feel like I've been cheated out of a story about turnip subsidies now.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Stare-Out posted:

With people like that it always boils down to either severe brain worms, or there's no way they're that loving stupid and are milking this poo poo for money. I can't tell which one it is in this case though, could be both.

I did have a hard time watching that whole segment because the US is going to get turbofucked in the coming weeks and I don't like to pick on people who are suffering.

I can't believe he didn't make more of the connection to RT America.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Chris Knight posted:

The fact that he got that painting should give us all hope for the future.

...hope that we'll all have HBO's discretionary cash to throw at our whims of the moment?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

Were the Tuskeegee airmen and the syphilis experiment linked other than geography and subjects?

No. Only one of the syphilis subjects was a veteran, and IIRC, had no connection to the fliers.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Stare-Out posted:

loving hell that lawyer was an absolute rotten piece of poo poo rear end in a top hat. gently caress him.

I seems like there could have been a lot more hay made out of the fact that his entire job was acting for other people who couldn't be bothered to know every legal repercussion of the contracts they signed.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The MSM phrase has been around since the 90s and was allegedly supposed to be an attempt at being more inclusive (it's one small step up from saying "the gays" at the very least) but these days it's woefully out of date

Similar to how :females: was the term pushed during late-80s sensitivity training.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I thing Everything Everywhere has a solid chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Most HOA’s are fine and literally run by your neighbors.

As long as "your neighbors" are all absentee landlords and house-flippers. They serve the interests of no one else.