Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

It's the reflection super-imposed on top of the original pattern?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Should have high-lighted a case where a severed limb got into the ground beef, really.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

seaborgium posted:

Even in this, that's probably a rarity. Focusing on the day to day grinding down and just the lack of safety measures on the job is something everyone can see and understand. If you focus on the time a limb got into the ground beef that's all people will remember.

I apologize, it was a lame joke. The book The Jungle which was referenced in the post above mine caused an uproar not because it detailed the horrible working conditions in the meat industry in general, but because it contained bits where human meat was mixed in with animal meat, to be sold on to consumers.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

This week's webisode is about magical penises.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

This week's web exclusive clip is a bit on the longer side. He should do more movie 'reviews', really.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Despite it being a "satire show", "I'm not a journalist" (though I guess that's more Colber' than Oliver?) etc., there seems to be a vibe that they have to be 'serious' on the actual show, and the web exclusives are for being silly. I mean the people featured this week were heinous, but it was a webisode about rocks, furries and a crazy JGB lady.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

banned from Starbucks posted:

I mean lots of rich people believe stupid poo poo. I guess it would be a thing if he put it on the stones itself but what he did put is pretty like meh whatever

It doesn't specify the means, but it isn't an unreasonable assumption that the guideline "Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature" would entail some sort of culling policy, even if it were limited to, erm, limiting reproduction. I guess doing it by lottery alone would not be eugenics per se, unless we believe in hereditary luck :shrug:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Tell us how you really feel, John.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Ninurta posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXyPvhISkRQ&t=27s

Good episode, loved Kumail Nanjiani at the end.

Seems fair

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

The dancing Veritas dude was funny, but that was a pretty good piece on AI.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

The fire of a thousand Mel Gibsons is going to be a phrase that's going to live in my mind for a long time.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

There probably was data on how many piano tuners happened to reside in Chicago, just by looking at a phone book. The point of the exercise is to make an estimate.

It's still a bull-poo poo question to ask in a job interview, but they're all bull-poo poo questions.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

BBC posted:

"This is what democracy is all about - America interfering in foreign elections," Oliver said.

:hmmyes:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

RestingB1tchFace posted:

John Oliver is the best. Him dunking on wine as a "bad" drink made me laugh out loud.

And omg.....offering Clarence Thomas $1 million per year for the rest of his life.....as well as a brand new luxury motorcoach to resign from the Supreme Court. Incredible.

It's a shame Thomas won't respond publicly, because that's a pretty epic burn after roasting him for 30 mins :allears:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Yeah, John was collating a bunch of reporting that was already out there and (their team) made a funny montage out of it, it's not like Thomas's lifestyle was super-secret prior. The pitchforks ain't comin' out, I'm afraid

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

The SCOTUS/Thomas clip (30 mins) is now on Youtube, if someone was waiting for it to get uploaded.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Aw man, the opening made me google Flaco :smith:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

pwn posted:

One which requires a permanent underclass to keep its economy working

:capitalism:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

The death penalty journalism stirring up poo poo was excellent (if horrifying), but the end funny bit was fantastic. They find the weirdest ways of burning HBO money in a furnace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

:comfyoot: