Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
"Then we remembered 'This is HBO'".

Yup.

------e-------

Can you guys now draw and quarter the Sacklers? Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Rich people facing consequences would be a bad precedent for the future.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Hakkesshu posted:

As a non-American, I genuinely don't understand how Manchin and Sinema are allowed to keep their jobs. How can that not shatter any remaining faith you had in the democrats? Even if the dems had the office for the next 20 years who's to say there won't be 8 other Sinemas and Manchins running around preventing them from ever doing anything?

People voted for them, is your country run differently? :v:

(Are there places where seats are 100% assigned to party? We have a hybrid, where you vote for party with preferential seating vote, but once the people are in the parliament, then it is their seat, not party's)

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

sexpig by night posted:

most other countries have more than a 2 party system that allows for these freaks and perverts to get kinda shuffled into their own weird side of things and the central party doesn't have to tell people we just have to keep electing Manchin because woof imagine how bad a REPUBLICAN would be in that seat, I mean he may do something insane like stymie abortion rights or spend months slowly killing basic things like infrastructure bills and child tax credits that were massively popular and the loss of them directly led to a cratering of approval for the dems as a party.

Buddy, my country is currently ruled by a 5 party coalition. The only reason that various single issue freaks don't have a lot of power is that the 5 parties together are ~108/200 votes, if they had few less than we would have the exactly same issue. In fact we've had this issue two (?) cycles back, where the ruling 2 party coalition had literally 101 votes.

sexpig by night posted:

Basically to answer both posts at once, in most countries with actual representative parties party leadership would have told Manchin 'vote for this loving bill or we're going to start looking into how your moron daughter made so much money on insulin, or check out how your multiple coal mines did for you while you were scuttling infrastructure talks' and not had these cutesy little 'lol I guess Manchin's the REAL president huh' jokes and just jerked him off.

I like how your good imagined scenario isn't that we have non-corrupt politicians, but that instead they get pressured by the party leadership for their own ends :v:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
He didn't shoot a cop live on TV, ergo he is just a lovely centrist :colbert:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Chalk me up as another person who just found out that it is still a thing and that people still fall for it. I love that there is a related scam about cancelling the timeshares though :v:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I might be a dirty euro, but why is a playground under the purview of HOA and not the city?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Look, it is not a very thought out movie.