Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I'm sure I'll be disgusted and horrified by what the 'Ring Boy Scandal' entails, but at the same time, can someone give me a vague rundown or a link to an article?

I'm sure it's more terrible than the name implies.

About the extent of my 'McMahon/WWE treat wrestlers like poo poo' scandals is what happened to Road Warrior Hawk when WWE worked it into a storyline, and someone poured a full bottle of actual JD into his mouth/on his face.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Apr 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

SlothfulCobra posted:

What I'm saying is that the episode should've ended with John Oliver in a wrestling ring, and I bet he would rather chew off his own leg than take off his shirt.

I would have been okay if he put on a referee shirt, got in the ring, and called a match between b-ball tiger and Mr. Nutterbutter (or bring back traffic zebra as the ref).

I don't follow wrestling, I can name a few guys currently wrestling, but I'm curious if some of the clips of matches they played were just random clips, or if they focused on wrestlers that were getting hosed over by the contracts the most. Like, I noticed Kofi Kingston (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kofi_Kingston) was shown in like three of the clips. IDK if that's implying he's been having huge contract fuckery issues/health problems or if it's coincidence because he's party of a pretty popular tag team.

I'm sure I'm overthinking it.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Skippy McPants posted:

Excellent episode tonight. You'd really hope that the medical field would be the one place in the world where racial and gender biases don't permeate but nope! The joke at the end about bringing a white guy is something I've literally seen happening in real-time where a woman's pain wasn't being taken seriously until her husband restated it verbatim to the practitioner.

The latest episode was honestly upsetting to me, because I had that poo poo happen to me. I was hospitalized two years apart for what turned out to be the same thing. The first time my female friend was with me, the doctors disregarded what we were telling them about my current meds and symptoms and wildly misdiagnosed me.

The second time my boyfriend was with me, they weren't listening to me, but two residents stopped and listened to what my boyfriend was telling them about my symptoms and medications and figured it out. He later told me 'yeah, your heartbeat was so rapid, I had to tell them three goddamn times that you weren't on meth'.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

tarlibone posted:

Turns out, it was cellulitis. A really nasty, uncontrolled case of cellulitis, but it was cellulitis. Being given the wrong treatment obviously didn't work, but the right one cleared it up in a few days. Her ankle wasn't right for a few years, though. At least we found out she's allergic to ciprofloxacin; I guess that's a plus.

I am still pissed about that, and to this day (this was 20 years ago), I still tell anyone who will listen and most who won't to avoid that hospital like the plague. And my wife has a serious complex about male doctors ever since; she has me accompany her any time she's examined. And she actually worked in nursing for years afterward.

Holy crap. That's awful and ridiculous. I can believe you're still pissed off about that. My dad was hospitalized with cellulitis that led to sepsis in the 90s, and they diagnosed him lickety-split. That's terrible they jerked your wife around so much.