Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

swickles posted:

Anyone else not seeing this up yet on HBO Now. Tried rebooting my Fire, and then checking on a tablet and its not there.

Yeah I didn't see a new episode and figured that there wasn't a new episode last night. I guess I'll keep checking then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I know very little about politics, but I've always had the opinion that if anybody other than Hillary would have got the Democratic nomination, Trump would have lost in a landslide.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
As soon as John went to the door to open it I was really hoping that it would have just been locked so he had to stay in the void. But you know, they have to do something with that HBO budget so I wasn't surprised to see them blow something up.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I also saw the Cop Rock reference was coming right before it happened. And for the record, this is the best Cop Rock clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLm5Sn1cMyQ

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I actually had a very similar thought about the void when I watched Mortal Kombat last week.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Have they always used a laugh track for the web exclusives? I noticed it on the last one, and I suppose it works for the format, but it just seems a little odd to me to even pretend to have a live audience for a short web thing during a hiatus.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

You think it was a laughtrack even though Jon stops the rant several times to joke about how the viewer is choosing to watch this far in contrast to the studio audience that didn't know it was going to happen and can't leave?

Yeah that sounds pretty dumb. There very well may be an audience there, I just didn't think they would bother to bring people in for a 10 minute bit. I could definitely be wrong about the laugh track. The laughter just seemed pretty forced to me which made me question it.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
The main episode tonight didn't talk about anything I wasn't already aware of. As for the alternate piece they did, it was certainly a wild ride.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I want to start looking to buy a house or condo next year. Preferably I'd like a condo, but being forced into an HOA has all but ruled that out for me. In my area, you're lucky if you can find a condo with an HOA fee under $400/month. HOA bullshit and other headaches involved with buying/owning a home might even get me to consider just continuing to rent and move into a bigger apartment closer to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
That's awesome they did that. I wanted to go back and watch some old episodes about a year ago and was bummed that they only had the two most recent seasons on max to stream.