Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Phenotype posted:

I'm not sure if this is a joke or what, but "trump" has been used for basically hundreds of years to mean the high-ranking suit in card games.

Trump meaning fart is a British thing at the least. Before 2016 if you asked a Brit what ‘to trump’ meant, they’d most likely say fart. It’s a shame it never really came across the seas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

As someone who seems to be consistently going through the green card process, I enjoyed last nights coverage.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I stand with Stan Stanard - a machine direct dialing to another does not necessarily mean it is ‘connecting to the internet’.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Pains me they did a section on Roger Stone and didn’t spend at least half of it talking about the freakish shape of his head.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Forum Joe posted:

Sorry, you want MORE of them talking about the shape of his head?
If you're attacking a person, attack his opinions, strategies and decisions all you want, but stay away from physical features if you can because, y'know, they're irrelevent?
I know this is NOT Oliver 101, because he attacks physical features, but only as an addition (or perhaps a prelude) to a deeper attack about actions and philosophy.

Counter point:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ok so now I have to check my drawer in work tomorrow, as I already did the census after getting mail (physical, multiple) and I could’ve sworn it contained a question about my citizenship (which I don’t have, I’m a Permanent Legal Resident). So hearing it’s happening *next year* is a slight concern.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Dug out my paperwork, and it was legit (.gov addresses etc, which is why I didn't really question it when I did it). So I guess they're starting early? And there definitely is a question about citizenship -

quote:

8 Is this person a citizen of the United States?
[ ] Yes, born in the United States ➔ SKIP to question 10a
[ ] Yes, born in Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, or Northern Marianas
[ ] Yes, born abroad of U.S. citizen parent or parents
[ ] Yes, U.S. citizen by naturalization – Print year of naturalization
[ ] No, not a U.S. citizen

I was pretty run down when watching last night's show, but I could've sworn John said they weren't going to include this afterall? Full question list is at https://www2.census.gov/programs-surveys/acs/methodology/questionnaires/2019/quest19.pdf . Ironically, they don't ask how many bathrooms I have but one of the questions asks how many rooms in my house specifically not bathrooms.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Oh fun. Well I hope they enjoy my ‘no’ because they didn’t include a bit that would’ve confirmed my green card status.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I hate sites that completely abuse the fact they have your email too. Like I bought something from Fanatics not long ago, and I swear I got something like 13 emails from them in a space of 2 or 3 days. You’re a legitimate business, what the gently caress makes you think this is ok?

I like to spend some time every so often going through my inbox and getting off/adding to block lists poo poo that I’ve just been auto deleting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don’t know if it’s common for news studios, but the one back home for my area was literally the anchors and maybe one other person there and everything else was done remotely or automated.

Tom Green needs to restart his home tv studio again.