Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Some kind of brighter lamp seems like it could have come in quite handy about a dungeon ago, game.

I do hope at least some of the earlier statues lead to something. I suppose I just said the exact same thing about the giant leap but they would have to expect players to go back and check the statues they've already seen. Or maybe all the previous statues are just in places that make travel a little bit easier.

I continue to really enjoy the town's buildings getting built up and finding more residents, even if it all just "happens" and off screen. It really does help with the feeling that you're creating something rather and not just going out and killing/stealing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm not getting attached because by video game law there's a 90% chance the town will be leveled at the start of the final act.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
How many spears can you stockpile? Because it seems like spears get used up fairly quickly.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Mraagvpeine posted:

How many spears can you stockpile? Because it seems like spears get used up fairly quickly.
I haven't seen a limit, at one point I was carrying around like 80 of the cheap ones for travel purposes.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
edit: There was another post here but I just tested it out myself and actually I'm wrong oops. They stack to 99 per square in your inventory, so you can basically carry an unlimited amount! However they generally come in stacks of 9, so it's easy to just keep auto-equipping the stacks of 9 without realizing you can put more in there.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jul 1, 2019

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYCrkoIeqOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO25t3yLV68

Let's send RE2 off with one last hurrah and get the hell out of Raccoon City. It's time for some more fun minigames of dubious canon! Arcade action and satisfaction, here I come!

I did some more videos with Chaos Argate and Liquidypoo as a sendoff for their Resident Evil 2 LP! Make sure to stick around till the end of the last one because I might have something more in store for you in the near future!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jumping Off A Cliff And Dying To Spite Your Enemies, For Dummies

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Well great, now I'm just imagining Silaren doing one of those Neti Pot videos.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, they really missed a trick not giving Silaren some kind of supermassive fuckoff weapon. Also, how are her senses blunted? Nobody has any faces! :v:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

CommissarMega posted:

Man, they really missed a trick not giving Silaren some kind of supermassive fuckoff weapon. Also, how are her senses blunted? Nobody has any faces! :v:
If you're somewhere you don't need a lantern she seems to favor the giant 2-handers :) I took her out quite a bit because she fucks poo poo up.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I wonder if Silaren has additional range because shes so huge and the weapons have to be scaled up a bit. I think it might have been interesting if the listeners held up 2 handers in one hand to just show off how big they are. And if theyre like Reptiles and just keep getting bigger with age. But its kinda cool how you found Silarens weapon on the first time you went cracking skulls with her.

Note on the mechanics: Are criticals double damage or some other multiplier?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Oh no.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I see good ol C(liff-falling)Jacobs is living up to his name.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Oh no indeed :stonk: Oh no indeed

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

CJacobs posted:

Here lies CJacobs, thought of cliffs and dived.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

No no, this is completely different. You go down in Blight Town. In Ashens you're going up.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Can't believe we're going ot have to murder Spider Man

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
In scouts you learn that moss grows higher on the north side of trees, because it is the shady side. It is a way to find your bearings when you're lost, but should only be used together with other signs, like, you know, where in the sky the sun is. I guess that the survival tip grew into a myth about it only growing on the north side.
Also, apparently this is only true in the north hemisphere, in the southern it's the other way around.

Thesaya fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jul 11, 2019

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm learning a lot about moss! Thank goodness we're in this Town of Blight where moss has been generally useful in certain other games with blighted towns involved!

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
I think blight towns are the new sewer levels. Well at least this one is interesting.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its a blightup rather tham a blightdown

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Falling behind the curve is a natural part of playing a game blind! If I didn't struggle and embarrass myself, what would be the point?

edit: This episode's a little progression-light so I might post two this week. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the musing about game design and chillaxing with our town pals.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 16, 2019

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

CJacobs posted:

Falling behind the curve is a natural part of playing a game blind! If I didn't struggle and embarrass myself, what would be the point?

It really does feel like you haven't been upgrading your weapons and that's why you're falling behind (unless you've been doing it off-screen)? It seems you're getting buried in upgrade materials and you haven't even touched the Sapient Roots that are starting to pile up. Especially now that we're in not-Blightown :gonk:

Maybe it's just the way I play games the first time, but I'd be spending a lot of time with Bataran and the forge.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jul 17, 2019

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I think part of the reason I'm not upgrading my weapons as much as I should be goes back to the game having too many of them. Upgrading is getting expensive, and I'm stumbling over something better than what I'm using every 10 feet, so it's kind of hard to invest in stuff knowing that an objectively better choice will pop up in the next 15-20 minutes.

edit: Just to pull back the curtain a bit, I do eventually upgrade my weapons to max. Unfortunately... it doesn't help as much as you might expect.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jul 17, 2019

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

How would I rate this area if I had to describe my feelings on it? Eh, it's passable.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

CJacobs posted:

How would I rate this area if I had to describe my feelings on it? Eh, it's passable.

Holy poo poo that area went from difficulty 8 to 13 in about 30 seconds :stare:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

That cave almost feels like something the game is going to direct you toward later on, rather than a hidden/secret/"remember this" area. One of those "the end is actually right beside where you started" deals. Especially since there's basically a boss at the end of it. The light at the end of the tunnel is even more tantalizing now.

I'd say good thing you got all that scoria to make good use of the twin roots but uh... :v:

Hopefully you get it back :ohdear:

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
That last spider ambush actually made me laugh out loud!

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Yeah looks like you definitely have to upgrade your weapons now! :stare:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Personally I find it really funny that my "let's go back and explore earlier areas to find new secrets!" led me immediately to what is surely an endgame area full of enemies that kill me in like one hit. Just a direct beeline right to apparently the most dangerous cave in the whole world. Like that really is just my luck.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I hope you get your Scoria back because drat that's a hefty amount!

Also, I had to laugh at the guy who was ambushed by the spider at his own campfire when you tried to sneak attack him. He just had no luck.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Twenty episodes in and I just now noticed that your weapon drips blood for a couple seconds after you whack an enemy with it. That's a neat, if gruesome, detail.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I wandered in here much earlier. It... did not go well. Also instead of taking the hint, I kept banging my head against it until I made it through. :gonk:

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

AltaBrown posted:

That last spider ambush actually made me laugh out loud!

Shei-kun posted:

Also, I had to laugh at the guy who was ambushed by the spider at his own campfire when you tried to sneak attack him. He just had no luck.
Thinking about seeing someone else get loving owned by a spider sent me on a train of thought and

you know what?

Where's the Souls Maker game?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Gonna pick up the pace with this LP a little since I've finished recording it now!

It's a pretty brief spring. Like how in February it'll just randomly be 50 degrees for one afternoon out of nowhere and then it's back to snowing ten inches in three days.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Maybe that magma pool cave is an endgame boss arena? Between the companion auto-spawn, the fact that nothing happened, and how badass the enemies leading up to it were, it certainly seems that way :ohdear:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
A late tip since you've finished recording, but you can put the lantern down so you can use a shield and still have light. Comes in real handy later on. Those explody ghosts hit like trucks, but they will do their charge right off of cliffs if you can line it up right. As poor Jokell discovered though, you don't want to be in the way when they do.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

Maybe that magma pool cave is an endgame boss arena? Between the companion auto-spawn, the fact that nothing happened, and how badass the enemies leading up to it were, it certainly seems that way :ohdear:

If that room isn't an end-game boss arena I will eat Eila's hat.

It didn't seem like there was going to be much in the way of optional or hidden areas. That first cave would have obviously driven off any new players and given the rewards that second cave was probably to introduce the corbs. Still, looks like there's going to be plenty of ruins to scamper on in the (almost) final area.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Aug 3, 2019

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

The wide swing on that blade seems like it's really handy for enemies like the dogs - their tendency to circle you isn't as big a deal anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

SubponticatePoster posted:

A late tip since you've finished recording, but you can put the lantern down so you can use a shield and still have light. Comes in real handy later on. Those explody ghosts hit like trucks, but they will do their charge right off of cliffs if you can line it up right. As poor Jokell discovered though, you don't want to be in the way when they do.

I do recall the game telling me about it in the first dungeon, or at least figuring out I could do it during the boss fight or something, but since then it's felt like a bit of a hassle. I wish there were a button to just put the lantern down and pull the shield out in one press/hold, it'd be a lot more convenient and faster that way. As-is, you have to hold to put down the lantern, wait for your character to do it (while standing still), press the button to swap to the shield or 2-hander, and then repeat to pick it back up after the fight. Then do that over and over for every fight in a dark area and it's a bit too much work imo.