Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I got a first place win on day one and will probably never repeat this act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
See I figure if I die to a Big Name Streamer then the next round I play is guaranteed to not have that guy in it. The faster and more often I die the better my chances get. This is definitely how statistics works.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I just really want a Tetris skin that somehow has the TGM3 music. Because nothing says 'accelerating panic attack' quite like the Terror Instinct soundtrack. I mean I imagine it's basically impossible, but Akira developed both games so it's marginally... less impossible?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
My problem with the Classic Tetris theme is that at higher speeds I see the block colours before I notice the shapes so I'm just bad with the monochrome theme.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Sometimes when I start a new round one of the other players will be... sparkly? Does anyone kow what that is?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It might be related to your placement? I know if you've been doing well in previous games you show up as a 'sparkly' opponent to other players. What I don't know is if other players are deliberately targeting sparklies or if they're more likely to be chosen by the 'random' option.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
This is why I'm glad we have Invictus mode. Stunt players and long-time competitive Tetris folk and Wumbo have a nightmare arena all to themselves and the rest of us scrubs can duke it out in the regular murder zone.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I technically qualify for Invictus mode but going in there is like being boiled alive.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Everyone's throwing down in Team Battle right now, so this is probably the best time to go for an Invictus win. If you're willing to accept a mostly-bot game. Which I am.