Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

KOs seem much more set for "target flashing players to finish them". I'd think the reason this is riskier vs Random as those players are more likely to be multi targeted for the same reason and/or could suddenly clear their tall stack which has a good chance of coming back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Finally got another win and KOed 24 people on the way :feelsgood:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The 8bitdo SNES type controllers seem the go to. Some people complain about the dpad clicking but mine quickly stopped doing that before tetris dropped and certainly isn't now.

Still hard drop but it's nearly always me going too fast.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Elman posted:

Can I use one but still target people with the joycon stick? I own the non-pro 8bitdo (with no joysticks) so targetting is a problem.

Yeah I have the one with the sticks, no sticks no targeting at this time I'm afraid. I'm expecting/hoping a button mapping function in the next patch because there's enough spare shoulder and face buttons for the 4 main targeting modes which will make all the fighter sticks totally viable. I happen to have the 8bitdo one cause the GF prefers that anytime she can use it so I'm kinda banking on it. Meanwhile the SN30 is getting the job done

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Pharohman777 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZCy_vpaYJM

So a new strategy has appeared where high-level players can take advantage of the KO auto targeting option other players use and the attackers setting to slaughter almost up to half the players in a round.

OK that would explain how I've murdered people who dumped large numbers of badges on me lately. So I'd say there is a downside to this if you get someone who can combo you back hard enough when your dozen lines show up to reversal of fortune on you.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Once you're in the near instant speed even the pros falter and splat from the smallest mistake at times. Being consistent is what matters at that point so if you can hang in you can always win.

I wish the game had my 2nd places as I feel I've had as many of those as wins.

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Mar 29, 2019

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1115421589112119296

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Knocking out the badge leader nets you all their badges which ups your multiplier which is always an advantage. Course then you will likely find yourself targeted for the same reasons.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Managed a 2nd, good enough. I was so not ready enough to battle that last person

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

At that speed everyone makes mistakes, it's how fast you can fix them before someone finishes you off.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Think it's just a random graphic

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I forgot they made a legit pros only mode, I gotta get in on normal. And maybe take my beatings in Invictus

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Your save file and the DLC are account bound so it shouldn't matter which way you launch the main program

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I happened to boot this up again the last couple days and I have the 2 skins I earned ages ago and all the rest up for tickets. The daily missions are pretty easy from what I saw., and I'm mediocre as hell.