Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The even crazier part is the person on the other end was just as good. They held each other at bay for a long time.

It always becomes such a loving intense knife fight when you get down to 1v1. This guy I don't think I'd be able to hang with though, I've never even considered the idea of placing pieces hosed up so you can set up a T-spin, especially at that speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

No Scrubs mode is pretty fantastic, and all the extra content is great too. Almost makes me want to put the :10bux: down for the offline features.
Although I'm one ticket off from getting a new theme :argh:

One thing I've noticed is that since this update, when I play regular 99 mode I get loving dogpiled within the first 1-2 minutes, like I'll be tetrising along minding my goddamn business and then the sidebar is like FOOM HAVE 15 LINES AND THEY'RE ALL GLOWING RED INSTANTLY gently caress YOU

what is that about??

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

totalnewbie posted:

T-spin or bust.

I meant that in the general sense of "playing tetris" and not necessarily literally getting tetrises, but T-spins are the one thing I can't seem to get a hang of. I've always hit a mental wall of intentionally building with T-spins in mind, even when watching other people do it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

If you're looking for a theme to spend tickets on, do not make it the Zelda one. Not unless you want some weird lovely rendition of the Zelda theme and some hot garbage sound effects that I have never heard anything remotely similar to in any Zelda game. I hope the other ones are better.

I've also had like ten straight games of the aforementioned "20 lines out of loving nowhere" so between those two things I think I need to put this game down for a bit.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Wendell posted:

Nah, it’s pretty cool and good. I found a video!

https://youtu.be/yf6DHiiddhM

That music is poo poo, man

The color scheme is pretty awful too (far more distracting when you're actually playing with it imo), and both of those in combination actively made me hate the game the more I played with it on

raditts fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Sep 11, 2019

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

quote:

I really want to know what the Spooky Castle one is like though.

Edit: it’s like this! https://youtu.be/owv_GExp3vk

And wow, this person playing to the beat is pretty wicked.

This one is pretty cool, but now I'm upset that not only can this guy set up tspins effortlessly, but he's better at running the house on this game while casually loving around to the music than I will ever be in several lifetimes at maximum effort

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Huh I hadn't seen "free-to-start" before, I guess that's a step for honesty.

That's the phrasing Nintendo has always used in place of "free to play"
kinda like how they always call e-shop sales "Price Drops" or "Great Deals"

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I love pretty much everything about the Kirby theme, but I think my favorite thing about it is getting the Kirby theme song when you win. I've just left it playing for a couple minutes while I type this post.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Spooky Castle is the second best theme behind Kirby but I just unlocked Fancy and it's a nice chill theme that doesn't make it feel like you're going to be executed if you lose the match.

I've been getting better at t-spins thanks to that video posted upthread but I can't seem to reliably get KOs, it seems like it's completely dumb luck unless I set it to Attackers and have a bunch of people attacking me (as opposed to the odd case of one person that somehow consistently manages to throw stacks of 15 garbage rows at me as fast as I can clear them). Which often leads to me being in the top 3 with zero KOs and being bodied by someone with 100% damage boost filling up my entire screen with one attack.

Also, is there something up with my joycon sticks or does anyone else randomly have their attack target just randomly go loving crazy all over the screen until you nudge the left stick to make it stop? I don't think I've noticed any drift in any other games.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

holy gently caress that was insane. Here I was riding a high of getting two wins in a row for the first time with a KO record of 20, every time I think I'm pretty decently fast I see one of these motherfuckers and feel like total garbage.

He did have the advantage of being able to get damage multipliers via KOs though, once he managed to knock out a couple and do more damage with each line clear than the max amount that could be sent to him the challengers were fuuuuuuucked.

Is there a reason he occasionally sat on a block rotating it in place for a couple seconds? Is that like a way of memorizing your next pipeline in order to drop them at absurdly fast speeds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

EightFlyingCars posted:

Your garbage meter can top out, and if you get sent more garbage while it's full, it goes to waste. So stalling between line clears gives more time for the garbage to actually pile on the other players before you add more.

PS: I just got my 999 gold points :dance: so if any of you qualified you'll probably be getting emails from Nintendo soon! Good luck!

How many points did you get in the event? I think I got about 1600

edit: oh snap I got them too! So if you got at least 1600 points, you've got :10bux: in Nintendo funbux coming your way

raditts fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Dec 21, 2019