Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Elman posted:

Does the EU version of it follow the same rules or is it a lottery again?

I'm up for playing a bit and earn a chance to win something but if it's a competition I'm out. I'm sure there'll be more than 999 poopsockers playing nonstop for 3 days.
It's still a lottery, but your chances increase the better you do and the more you play.

Every 100 points gets an entry in the prize draw.

A game's point distribution:

1st place: 100 points
2nd place: 50 points
3rd place: 30 points
4th-10th: 20 points
11th-30th: 10 points
31st-50th: 5 points
51st-80th: 2 points

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1115530114719191040

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

I usually start out with KOs, then switch to Attackers when I get targeted by a few people, and then just leave it there. If it gets down to the final 30 or so, and I'm still at 0% or 25% bonus, I'll switch to Badges out of desperation, because it's basically impossible to win without at least 75% line bonus and random individual kills at that point might not get you there.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

It's someone who has placed in the top ten on average within their past ten games.

EDIT: You can see your own average place of the last ten rounds on the main stats menu, then pressing X (or Y, I don't remember). It's kind of hidden.

Inferior Third Season fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jul 15, 2019

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Coxswain Balls posted:

Music in the Xenoblade theme is lit, especially in top 10. Sound effects for KOs and sending damage is a bit too quiet for my liking though so it's a bit hard to tell how many dudes I'm wrecking if I'm focused on clearing lines.
Yeah, I thought I was just playing casually, when suddenly like nine people targeted me, and I finally looked at my kill count, and I had 14 KOs. I must have become badge leader.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

The stacking sounds are very satisfying. I'll probably stick with my usual Kirby theme, though. I've never played Xenoblade, so this one doesn't really resonate with me in any way.

I've won three out of about fifteen games during this event, which is better than my usual win rate. But I'm making top ten less often than usual when I don't win. It feels like I'm getting ganged up on a lot when there are 40 or 50 left.