Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
T-spins are worth more garbage blocks. I'm trying to wean myself off using a single flip button and learning to use both, but I've gotten into the top ten with just one button before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I found an old page describing T-spins and saw something I didn't know--is it still the case in this game that the only qualifier for a T-spin single is that three of the four corners are blocks? So even if you technically performed a T-spin to make a line, it still wouldn't count if there were only two corner blocks?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Is it a good strat? I stopped doing it when I saw that good players were deliberately stacking high to reach near-KO status, so that they could drop a bomb by targeting a whole bunch of attackers at once.

The elegant theme is... ok. It's main advantage is that the music is pretty chill so I never feel like I'm in a battle to the death.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Should I make an anki deck or something to memorize common T-spin triple setups because christ I have been practicing in marathon mode for hours and I still have very little success in successfully setting them up, even after studying the patterns on the Tetris wiki.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

A bit of both. Sometimes I see a small region that I remember from the wiki as something that can be turned into a setup for a triple, but in the heat of battle I can't really visualize or recall the pieces I need to complete the setup. The wiki also has some techniques for cleaning up the mess you leave afterwards and I can't recall those properly too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

This feels untrue. I can do doubles pretty well and often already, but when I try to go for a triple I get nothing but catastrophe. Although to be fair Tafo's video on triples itself warns about the consequences, so I guess it's normal.